10-19-2015, 11:52 PM
New Star Wars Official Trailer
http://socialunderground.com/2015/10/20/...iler-here/

That chic Rey is f'n fine as hell.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: New Star Wars Official Trailer
I'm sporting a good semi chub after watching that.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2015, 09:34 AM
As long as there's no Hayden Christensen, or Ewoks, or Jar Jars it should be fine.
10-20-2015, 11:43 AM
I am both anticipating and dreading this. Black and red tie fighters and silver stormtroopers look like something the Mattel toy company would have put out if they'd ever had the rights to Star Wars.

I pray it's good, but other than the brand name and the classic actors making glorified cameos, I'm really worried. We've got our token woman and token black guy. Do they somehow manage to shove in a token homosexual alien in there somewhere?
10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
IDK...

Leia was a woman, Vader was black, and C3PO was gay. That's kinda been in the Star Wars formula all along. I just want it to look and "feel" like the originals. The trailer has gotten me excited to see it. I think that JJ did his part to "restore the order".

10-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Leia was a fully-formed character that fit into the archetypical Joseph Campbell-style story.

Darth Vader was voiced by a black man; the character wasn't black. But again, that was natural casting with no hint of tokenism. Jones won the role because he has one of the most amazing voices in the history of the industry, right up there with William Conrad, Orson Welles, and Stacey Keach. He didn't win because some suit thought the film needed diversity.

I've just seen too much out of Hollywood to know better than to think casting minorities wasn't somewhere in the back of their minds.
10-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Diversity in casting doesn't bother me, especially with a flick like Star Wars. With all of the different kinds of Aliens walking around, it wouldn't make any sense to have only one type of human. The absolute WORST casting for the franchise was Jake fucking Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen. They sucked so bad that it distracted from my ability to care about the character. The central figure for the prequels, and I kept wishing that he was off of the screen. Thank God for Ewan McGregor. He was the sole saving grace for all three of those films.

10-21-2015, 06:10 AM
I don't mind diversity either. It is pandering and other PC non-sense I hate.
10-21-2015, 06:54 AM
It looks magic. I cant fucking wait.
10-21-2015, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 01:10 PM by BGv4.0.)
(10-20-2015 11:43 AM)Warlord Wrote:  We've got our token woman and token black guy. Do they somehow manage to shove in a token homosexual alien in there somewhere?

NO.....it will be a transgender alien. It makes an appearance in the early part of the film....the only thing known is the name...Katelon Jeen-Are.

On a serious note...in relation to the forced PC agenda. That's just a bi-product of the age we live in. I'm not overly concerned about it. A lot of folks freaked out when Finn showed up as a black storm trooper. Many have said it's because the troopers should be clones...but what they fail to realize is that by this time period in the story the clones had been phased out and recruitment of humans throughout the galaxy had been common practice. As a matter of fact some of the last episodes of the cartoon Clone Wars series and early Rebels episodes show the Clones aging out and no longer in service. We had already established that humans of black/African decent already exist in the SW universe due to Lando and the one black cloud city officer you see in Empire strikes back. So...I have ZERO issue with Finn.

I have no issue with Rey being a central character as I personally think she and Kaylo Ren are the twins of Han and Leia...and as the story unfolds we will see Rey become the Jedi that will defeat her Dark Side inclined brother.

What I am a bit leery of....is as someone mentioned above....FORCED agendas.....the other day JJ released a statement that was so Kum-Ba-Ya it was sickening. Something along the lines of "I don't care if you are white, brown, blue jawa or wookie, I just hope you enjoy the new trailer"......for me this was not needed....it SHOULD go without saying and so it does worry me a bit that they are going out of their way to mention race in regard to a press statement. Makes me wonder what's coming down the pike.

The Big Mouse has a history of forcing agendas as a Mia Culpa for past sins....particularly on their network station ABC.....so I do have a bit of a concern for forced examples of interracial romance (a concept they continually force via ABC) or Transgender issues....yet another issue they seem to often force...for sure on "ABC Family".

I agree with Warlord....I don't mind any instances of diversity as long as they are not premeasured forms of pandering and following agendas that are set by corporate heads....it has to come naturally...not from an in-office memo.

I'll have no issue if the characters of Finn and Rey become a couple over time....but it needs to be written that way due to the natural concepts that come from the creative writing process NOT a checked off box on an "are all of our bases covered" PC checklist. And usually you can tell the two apart.

I'd like the transgender completely omitted....I don't feel like a family STAR WARS film is the place for political statements...I go watch movies to ESCAPE real life where I get plenty of PC agendas shoved down my throat....I don't need it intermixed with my down time away from that BS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Star Wars is shit. Warlord 40 11,496 06-03-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Star Wars: Rogue One Snoop 38 27,891 06-10-2016 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spyder
  Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII Warlord 38 31,021 08-23-2014 11:03 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)