Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who has the best win over Roberto Duran?
De Jesus
Leonard
Benitez
Hagler
Hearns
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Roberto Duran losses
07-01-2020, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2020 01:53 AM by ViperSniper.)
Roberto Duran losses
Whose win over Roberto Duran do you put most stock into?

De Jesus for being the first man to beat Duran & at Lightweight too!

Sugar Ray Leonard making Duran say No Mas @ 147

Benitez UD over Duran

Hagler muscling Duran to a UD @ 160

Hearns destroying Duran in 2 with a single shot @ 154

Who has the most credible win over Roberto Duran?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2020, 12:42 AM
RE: Roberto Duran losses
(07-01-2020 03:37 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Whose win over Roberto Duran do you put most stock into?

De Jesus for being the first man to beat Duran & at Lightweight too!

Sugar Ray Leonard making Duran say No Mas @ 147

Benitez UD over Duran

Hagler muscling Duran to a UD @ 160

Hearns destroying Duran in 2 with a single shot @ 154

Who has the most credible win over Roberto Duran?

De Jesus. Ray Leonard had the inside baseball that Roberto was back in Panama partying like a savage and way out of shape. Not to say it wasn't a great win though.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-09-2020, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2020 11:00 PM by Method.)
Don't crucify me for saying, but Im not the biggest Ray Leonard fan. Hate all those flashy, "Sugar" guys...save for Ray Robinson, the GOAT.

But I have to give it to RL. Any time you can literaly make a tough guy like Duran quit, in the "no mas" fashion that he did...I mean, you know Macho Latino Men...it takes a lot for that ilk to go punk like that. You know it doesnt sit well, and his fans were just as gutted.

The Hearns win is a huge one. Fuck Tommy H though. Spindly fuck. But was a vicious KO.

Hagler is one of my ATF's, so I'm dying to give it to him, but Ray made him quit. I mean, lets not kid anybody...when they think of that fight, it's always, the "No Mas" fight.
07-10-2020, 01:09 PM
I must say I'm a fan of all 3 Sugars in Robinson, Leonard & Mosley!

Leonard was awsome..terrific boxer & terrific fighter. SRL has skills, technique, IQ, great footwork, p4p some of the AT quickest hands, combination & punch selection.

When Leonard beat Duran in the rematch it was incredible to see the amount of adjustments made to comeback with such a highly risky approach & gameplan against such a dangerous, skilled fighter in Duran.

Come to think about it, if Hearns doesn't have the best win over Duran then it's Leonard.
Making prime Duran quit or destroying & KO'ing a lesser Duran cold in 2.
You could argue that Hearns was the last out of the lot to get to Duran therefore was potentially soften up by that point after losses & multiple weight jumps n drops compared to the version Leonard beat.

Both losses are very big & bad..both very memorable & devastating on Duran's career.
07-11-2020, 07:28 AM
I hated Leonard. I was a Hearns guy...which made the Hitman getting screwed in the rematch that much worse.

Sugar Ray mind fucked Duran BAD going into the rematch, then proceeded to take every bit of anger he had and use it against him by giving him ZERO opportunities. That said, the Hearns KO, which wasn’t a one punch deal because Duran was hurt multiple times, has to top the list for me. That right hand temporarily took every bit of life he had out of him.
07-12-2020, 12:01 PM
That Duran KO might be Hearns's best KO. First time Duran got slept too. It's too memorable not to go with it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roberto Duran-Manny Pacqiuao ViperSniper 4 1,612 03-25-2018 01:46 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Roberto Duran-Felix Tito Trinidad ViperSniper 6 2,962 10-26-2017 05:57 AM
Last Post: Warlord
  Roberto Duran-Fernando Vargas ViperSniper 0 949 10-21-2017 10:43 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)