Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury - Wilder 3
10-05-2021, 03:02 PM
Fury - Wilder 3
Any interest? Any excitement? Any intrigue?

Of course it's the heavyweight championship of the world, and it's two of the most interesting and charismatic fighters in boxing so it's bound to be a spectacle...but does anyone see this as anything other than a Fury one sided job?

All common sense says it is, and if I was a betting man I'd plump for big Tyson - but there is a weird feeling; a hunch if you will; that this is not going to be all it seems. Maybe Wilder can pull something epic off, and the Fury-Joshua superfight becomes Wilder-Usyk?

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: Fury - Wilder 3
(10-05-2021 03:02 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Any interest? Any excitement? Any intrigue?

Of course it's the heavyweight championship of the world, and it's two of the most interesting and charismatic fighters in boxing so it's bound to be a spectacle...but does anyone see this as anything other than a Fury one sided job?

All common sense says it is, and if I was a betting man I'd plump for big Tyson - but there is a weird feeling; a hunch if you will; that this is not going to be all it seems. Maybe Wilder can pull something epic off, and the Fury-Joshua superfight becomes Wilder-Usyk?

Black

I haven’t had a good feeling about this fight since it was signed. Everyone knows my opinion of Wilder. I picked Fury to win both times (which he did), but this one worries me because Tyson could very well show up out of it, physically, mentally, or both.

Fury wins on paper. God knows what’s actually gonna happen, though.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
10-05-2021, 03:52 PM
I think this is (as it has been the previous two times) as intriguing a fight as there is available in boxing. We know Fury can rinse Wilder in the boxing stakes. We also know Wilder is capable of putting the lights out and very nearly did do first time around, and like War says theres a slight intangible of which Fury shows up. I too expected him to beat Wilder before and do again, but its must watch (unfortunately I will be working and can't watch lol) for all of these reasons. It's a very good fight in terms of being meaningful and with some backstory.
10-05-2021, 03:52 PM
The real story here is that this fight doesn't matter at all.

The Fury-Joshua at Wembley mega event is dead.

All promoters need to wake up to this sad fact and make fights happen while they are prime time.

It's funny that you both think Wilder might take it because I have the same feeling.
10-05-2021, 05:31 PM
We're all reading the same signs, then.

That's it. I'm putting this month's mortgage on Wilder. Fuck you all if I lose it.

Black
10-06-2021, 04:41 AM
(10-05-2021 03:52 PM)salvador Wrote:  The real story here is that this fight doesn't matter at all.

The Fury-Joshua at Wembley mega event is dead.

All promoters need to wake up to this sad fact and make fights happen while they are prime time.

It's funny that you both think Wilder might take it because I have the same feeling.

I disagree. The Brits are very very loyal and love a domestic dustup, they don't really care if a fighter is coming off a loss. It's almost like a football thing, you have your fighter and you back him no matter what. Joshua could lose again and if they announced he was fighting Fury they would sell out Wembley Stadium in a heartbeat.

P.S Like everyone else I have a funky feeling about this fight on Saturday.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-06-2021, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 07:38 AM by salvador.)
(10-06-2021 04:41 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I disagree. The Brits are very very loyal and love a domestic dustup, they don't really care if a fighter is coming off a loss. It's almost like a football thing, you have your fighter and you back him no matter what. Joshua could lose again and if they announced he was fighting Fury they would sell out Wembley Stadium in a heartbeat.

Good point, with Froch-Groves being a perfect example of that.

They'll fill out Wembley but it won't be an epic mega fight with the HW championship on the line that would drive massive PPV numbers.

Because even if it is for the HW championship, the invincibility of Joshua has been shattered by his losses to the ridiculously fat Ruiz and the cruiserweight Usyk.

And the fight will look a lot more like what it is: a mediocre joke of an excuse for a HW fight in the age of mediocre HWs. That's not going to be an easy sell in PPV land.
10-06-2021, 07:48 AM
(10-06-2021 07:34 AM)salvador Wrote:  Good point, with Froch-Groves being a perfect example of that.

They'll fill out Wembley but it won't be an epic mega fight with the HW championship on the line that would drive massive PPV numbers.

Because even if it is for the HW championship, the invincibility of Joshua has been shattered by his losses to the ridiculously fat Ruiz and the cruiserweight Usyk.

And the fight will look a lot more like what it is: a mediocre joke of an excuse for a HW fight in the age of mediocre HWs. That's not going to be an easy sell in PPV land.

They’d need to get Jake Paul vs. Conor McGregor on the card if they really wanted to get those PPV sales.

10-06-2021, 10:40 AM
Wow, Sal, that's a damning indictment!

Although, I do agree Joshua's loss has taken off much of the sheen, and Fury seems to stand head and shoulders above everyone else now. It's not just that AJ lost, but it's that in the loss he absolutely failed to show the kind of tactical mid fight IQ he would need to beat Fury. He would need to be able to mix between boxing and putting it on the big man as he saw fit throughout the fight. He is utterly unable to do that.

Black
10-06-2021, 10:55 AM
(10-06-2021 10:40 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wow, Sal, that's a damning indictment!

Although, I do agree Joshua's loss has taken off much of the sheen, and Fury seems to stand head and shoulders above everyone else now. It's not just that AJ lost, but it's that in the loss he absolutely failed to show the kind of tactical mid fight IQ he would need to beat Fury. He would need to be able to mix between boxing and putting it on the big man as he saw fit throughout the fight. He is utterly unable to do that.

Black

I think Ollie hit the nail on the head with Joshua awhile back. He’s a great athlete with tremendous physical gifts, he’s just not necessarily a great fighter, if that makes any sense.

It’s not a knock on Joshua. A lot of fighters with good records/careers probably fall into that category. Brock Lesnar is a good example of that in MMA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury - Wilder III 7/24 Done JD 34 2,642 07-15-2021 02:09 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Comparing Fury-Klitschko/Fury-Wilder II ViperSniper 12 1,081 03-10-2020 12:49 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Fury - Wilder 3, July 18 in Vegas JD 34 1,618 03-08-2020 09:53 AM
Last Post: salvador

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)