Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury vs Usyk
03-25-2023, 08:05 AM
RE: Fury vs Usyk
I believe Usyk has accepted the split. Fury now seems to be telling the guy with the belts that he can't have a rematch clause... This is absolutely standard in boxing, almost every title fight these days seems to have one and especially unification ones. Champions almost ALWAYS get the chance to redeem. Usyk himself had to beat AJ twice to get the straps, and Tyson Fury fought both Deontay Wilder AND Derek fucking Chisora, 3 times.

So I'm afraid on the rematch being the sticking point, I'm 100% behind Usyk.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2023, 08:26 AM
Belts don't mean shit in a world where every boxing match is a PPV.
03-25-2023, 09:00 AM
So it’ll be Usyk - DuBois…I assume that if Joshua beats Franklin, Fury will fight him.

Wilder probably gets the Ngannou fight.

Great.
03-25-2023, 12:50 PM
(03-25-2023 08:05 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I believe Usyk has accepted the split. Fury now seems to be telling the guy with the belts that he can't have a rematch clause... This is absolutely standard in boxing, almost every title fight these days seems to have one and especially unification ones. Champions almost ALWAYS get the chance to redeem. Usyk himself had to beat AJ twice to get the straps, and Tyson Fury fought both Deontay Wilder AND Derek fucking Chisora, 3 times.

So I'm afraid on the rematch being the sticking point, I'm 100% behind Usyk.

Hard to fault either guy, really. Fury doesn’t want to get tied down fighting a guy he already beat like he did Deontard, and Usyk wants to cash out with two massive paydays if he is to be sacrificed on the altar of the man-god Tyson Fury.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury v Usyk lloyd mayflower 14 392 Today 01:42 PM
Last Post: BGv4.0
  Fury v Usyk lloyd mayflower 0 109 11-17-2023 10:00 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)