Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence Activates Rematch Clause
09-05-2023, 07:58 AM
Spence Activates Rematch Clause
Fight likely to take place in December, Crawford seems willing to do it at 54 before moving up to 68 for a Canelo fight in May.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2023, 09:00 AM
RE: Spence Activates Rematch Clause
168? Jesus christ!

Rematch goes the same way
09-05-2023, 03:10 PM
He aint getting Canelo... does nothing for Nelo to KO a 140 guy at 168.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2023, 03:12 PM
Did that ever stop him before Jon
09-05-2023, 03:26 PM
Canelo is fighting Jermell…who would get handled by Bud.

Canelo - Crawford is a great fight to make. It does big numbers, is loaded with intrigue, and steers him away from Benavidez, Morrell and Bivol.
09-05-2023, 04:08 PM
Clanelo doesn't duck fighters and it's hard for me to believe he's going to fight Crawford before he fights Benavidez.

I don't think Mexican fans would stand for him fighting a 154 pounder followed by a ww.
09-05-2023, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2023 04:51 PM by JD.)
Canelo - Bud is an interesting fight that won’t be bigger than it is now.

Canelo doesn’t duck fighters, but he also wasn’t in a rush to fight GGG, he passed on a Bivol rematch and he chose Jermell Charlo over Benavidez.

The idea that he’d somehow feel shamed fighting Bud is just not right based upon what he’s done.

Crawford is a really interesting fight - specially after we watch Bud demolish Spence again, while Canelo goes 12 with Charlo.
09-05-2023, 05:08 PM
I'd love to see Clanelo-Crawford. And Crawford should definitely be looking to cash out at 35 so I don't blame him for passing on Ennis, which I'd prefer to see.

Clanelo never should have fought Bivol in the first place.

I don't think Clanelo would feel shamed by fighting Crawford, just like Floyd has no problem fighting MMA guys. But I do think his fans would be disappointed if fighting smaller guys for cash was how he finished off his career. And I would think at this point in his career (he's 33), the last thing he'd want would be to do is cheapen his legacy when everyone in the boxing world wants to see him fight Benavidez.
09-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Nelo fights Charlo, Charlo, Benavidez... those are his 3 fights. I dont think Crawford is even signed to PBC beyond these Spence rematch obligations...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2023, 07:28 PM
Jermall is not going to be ready to fight anytime soon. That dude lost it and they may as well cash him out against Plant at this point. That’s a good grudge match and would fine on PPV.

Crawford killed any intrigue in Canelo - Spence so outside of Benavidez or Morrell, 168 isn’t full of options.

It’s about capitalizing on public intrigue. After Crawford effectively buries Spence’s career, there is no more intriguing fight for him outside of Benavidez - but that fight sells no matter what. Canelo - Crawford has a smaller window.

I think you guys are missing it on this one. Crawford wants the fight so making it will not be that hard at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wilder to Exercise Rematch Clause, Blames Ring Entrance JD 39 1,734 02-29-2020 08:57 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Spence tells Garcia to wait...wants Porter rematch JD 7 609 10-02-2019 06:53 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)