Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now!
04-23-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now!
(04-23-2013 09:47 AM)JD Wrote:  I would have loved to see the Joel Julio version of Kirkland against Canelo.

Any version of Kirkland gets chewed up and spat out by Cinnamon.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Maybe - that fight is pure violence and I want to see it.
04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Not sure about that... Canelo has never been swarmed before. If he doesn't get Kirkland out of there early, he could be in trouble. A "prime" Kirkland wouldnt let Canelo breath.
04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
(04-23-2013 10:56 PM)JD Wrote:  Maybe - that fight is pure violence and I want to see it.

Nice one!

They could even promote it as such.

Alvarez/Kirkland-Pure Violence.

(Bought to you by Golden Boy Promotions, Canelo Promotions, Kirkland Promotions, Yabba Dabba Doo Promotions, Pick my nose and scratch my bum Promotions, Please buy this PPV Promotions......................................)

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-24-2013, 05:44 AM
(04-23-2013 10:19 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 03:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 10:17 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 10:12 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  [quote='JD' pid='37887' dateline='1366679503']
Golovkin would stop him.

Martinez came out and said he took one 0 and now he is ready to take Canelo's.

Why won't he take the "0" that's in his fucking weight class? There's a couple of them.

Martinez doesn't have much left being 37. After having a very long journey to the top would like to have some big pay days! No one at middleweight brings the credentials or money like Mayweather, Pacquiao or Canelo!

Martinez has had like, 3 genuine world title fights with another two or three 'unofficial' championship fights in between. He's in no position to be calling out any fighter he likes when there are plenty of middleweights he's got to deal with. This isn't Bernard Hopkins unifying the division and making umpteen defences then calling out De La Hoya. Martinez is still a baby compared to Hops' title reign and should be looking at Geale and Golovkin first.

Black

It's not like Martinez is some paper champion or a fighter that holds a strap! The guy IS the Middleweight king! No question!

The guy may not be in any position to call out whoever due to his name not having the same pull as some of the cashcows. That however does not mean he isnt worthy of any of the guys his called out. The guy isnt sitting around doing nothing, the guy has fought solid to good competition, looking great!!

He may have not be in a position to call out any fighter but has every right to & would be deserving to land a big fight!!

Well, he's not a scrub, and he is a middleweight champion, and he is the linear 'man-who-beat-the-man', but there are rival middleweight claimants to deal with before he starts calling out ppv names from other divisions.

Daniel Geale unified two of the belts, so he has a veeeery strong claim to being the best and Golovkin is the new terror of the division. It would be extremely disappointing if Martinez failed to fight either of them before going after jr middles.

Black
04-24-2013, 05:51 AM
I think Kirkland would give a good account of himself against Alvarez.

04-24-2013, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 07:16 AM by and the NEW.)
(04-24-2013 05:44 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Daniel Geale unified two of the belts, so he has a veeeery strong claim to being the best and Golovkin is the new terror of the division. It would be extremely disappointing if Martinez failed to fight either of them before going after jr middles.

Black

Absolutely! Geale and Golovkin are the men Martinez should be going for right now. Although I wouldn't mind seeing him and Alvarez face off. I think they are similar sizes and they could easily do it at a catch weight.

I just watched Alvarez vs Trout again. Trout definately touches Alvarez up a lot more often, but Alvarez lands the harder shots. I had it 6 rounds a piece, with Alvarez winning by a point on the KD. But I could see how people have Trout winning even with the KD against him. That fight was close as hell and an absolute killer to score. Possibly the hardest fight to score I've ever seen. It really depends how you score fights and if you appreciate the consistent output and landing on a guy, or you look for the cleaner blows. With Canelo still just a kid and Trout only 27, I think we will see these guys do it again at some point over the next few years. Now let's see if either can beat Lara.
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
At 37, Serge is looking for the money. Golovkin is a great matchup on paper, but not a great matchup for paper. Serge has stepped up and fought a pretty decent lineup of guys, most notably Williams and Chavez Jr. If he wants to fight Canelo, I aint mad at him. Its big money and it aint a guaranteed W for Serge. Canelo's gonna make him work. Plus it would be a fan friendly fight.
04-25-2013, 06:05 PM
(04-24-2013 01:58 PM)MrFactor Wrote:  At 37, Serge is looking for the money. Golovkin is a great matchup on paper, but not a great matchup for paper. Serge has stepped up and fought a pretty decent lineup of guys, most notably Williams and Chavez Jr. If he wants to fight Canelo, I aint mad at him. Its big money and it aint a guaranteed W for Serge. Canelo's gonna make him work. Plus it would be a fan friendly fight.

i think he wouldn't mind taking on guys at mw, who he can fight is just limited. is a big name mw going to go to Argentina and fight Martinez in his backyard? no. were guys lining up to fight him after he beat Pavlik or before the fight with Jr? no. guys definitely weren't lining up to fight him after he stopped PWill in the rematch. he could try to fight a big name fighter at 154 or a B level mw. i do think we'll see him and GGG in the ring though, probably Martinez's fight after his upcoming fight.
05-29-2013, 06:07 PM
While WBC/WBA super welterweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was accepting the WBA version of the 154lb title in Panama, WBC President Jose Sulaiman held court in Mexico City, saying Alvarez has four or five days to give up either the WBC or WBA belt. Sulaiman stated that the WBC never accepted Alvarez’ April 20 bout with Austin Trout as a unification fight and that the fight was seen as a defense of his Canelo’s title. He also said that the WBC extended him the deadline to relinquish the WBA belt without realizing it. “I’m surprised that Saul still hasn’t said which title he is going to keep,” said Sulaiman. “With all the years as champion of the Council, with all the support he received from our organization, he has to respect us. If he wants to go, no problem, but decide with which organization to stay.” For now the WBC expects Alvarez to stay with them and accept that the WBC doesn’t accept unification fights.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Austin Trout TheTeddyBear 5 408 02-02-2020 04:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Saul Alvarez back at HBO. Mean Mister Mustard 119 88,848 12-30-2014 11:48 PM
Last Post: torvix2000
  Is Alvarez/Trout worthy of the trip? BGv4.0 9 6,707 03-16-2013 11:25 AM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)