Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
07-04-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
What I said in the last thread:

"Floyd's legs are going. They are not going to get any younger between now and September. Maidana will fight the same fight, and Floyd will do the same. The action in this fight was easy to predict. Both fought true to their styles, and I see no reason why either guy will drastically change the way that they've fought over the past several years of their career. If anything, Floyd will be more sedentary and try to roll more punches and land counters.

So unless one of those counters HURTS Maidana, then you can expect much of the same for the rematch: Floyd getting pounded on the ropes, and landing the occasional flashy counter shot. And with Maidana throwing twice as many punches, I'd say the likelihood of one of his shots slipping through is the more likely scenario."

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Maidana didn't do anything special, he's just aggressive. It wasn't a one in a million thing. And it isn't like Floyd got old, people have always been able to back him up easy. I think he didn't look as mobile since he's tying Maidana up a lot. I think the biggest thing was the overhand right. Usually Floyd can control you from the ropes with his defense and counters, the angle of the overhand right made him tie Maidana up to avoid it and then Maidana would just go to the body.
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Big Grin I wonder what BS Floyd will do this time.
07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Fascinating insight there torvix
07-04-2014, 07:27 AM
(07-04-2014 06:48 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  Maidana didn't do anything special, he's just aggressive. It wasn't a one in a million thing. And it isn't like Floyd got old, people have always been able to back him up easy. I think he didn't look as mobile since he's tying Maidana up a lot. I think the biggest thing was the overhand right. Usually Floyd can control you from the ropes with his defense and counters, the angle of the overhand right made him tie Maidana up to avoid it and then Maidana would just go to the body.

If anything I would like to see Maidana invest even more to the body this time. I don't think he realized just how much he was affecting Floyd to the body at times in that fight. I think he was still a little too in love with that chopping overhand right that had worked so well in the Bonehead fight.

Floyd will definitely improve in this fight but there are some improvements left in Maidana too.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-04-2014, 07:54 AM
(07-04-2014 06:52 AM)torvix2000 Wrote:  Big Grin I wonder what BS Floyd will do this time.

Yeah I agree with lloyd. Shut up idiot.
07-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Every knowledgeable arguments you people are throwing out will be negated by what BS Floyd will do next time. It's more interesting to talk about the bullsheet he will be able to accomplish next.

Big Grin Marketing doesn't go well and we won't even be seeing this fight.
07-04-2014, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 09:26 AM by TheFonz.)
My theory is that there is a little Mayweather effect when it comes to looking at Mayweather v Maidana 1. And it skews most observers views on this fight. I often wonder what would have been the result to most of the "experts" and officials if they did did not know who these guys where? I don't think they would all have this fight for Floyd. I just don't.

To answer your question, yes I had Maidana winning the fight all three times by the same score. The fact of the Matter is that Maidana swept the first four rounds and won the fifth or sixth decisively. That leaves 7 rounds that Floyd needed to win in this fight in order to get the win. Floyd did not sweep the last half of the fight period. This fight was fought on Maidana's terms, he was the aggressor, he controlled when and where they fought for the majority of the fight, and he straight up bullied Floyd in that fight. Even the rounds that Floyd won, he was still fighting Chinos fight.

07-04-2014, 10:55 AM
(07-04-2014 09:20 AM)TheFonz Wrote:  My theory is that there is a little Mayweather effect when it comes to looking at Mayweather v Maidana 1. And it skews most observers views on this fight. I often wonder what would have been the result to most of the "experts" and officials if they did did not know who these guys where? I don't think they would all have this fight for Floyd. I just don't.

To answer your question, yes I had Maidana winning the fight all three times by the same score. The fact of the Matter is that Maidana swept the first four rounds and won the fifth or sixth decisively. That leaves 7 rounds that Floyd needed to win in this fight in order to get the win. Floyd did not sweep the last half of the fight period. This fight was fought on Maidana's terms, he was the aggressor, he controlled when and where they fought for the majority of the fight, and he straight up bullied Floyd in that fight. Even the rounds that Floyd won, he was still fighting Chinos fight.

It's all good, but remember by your own admission you had no problem with Floyd winning the fight 115-114 (using your score card).
07-04-2014, 11:07 AM
I agree with most of what you say, Fonz. Floyd didn't do much when Maidana was pressing. I think the only rounds he looked good in were the rounds Maidana stayed back and Floyd could box him more. I don't think there's any way I could score it for him. Maidana controlled too much of the action and landed too many of the power shots.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,781 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,552 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse) Fitz 41 30,973 07-18-2014 06:49 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)