Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who is the man at Light Heavyweight
Hopkins
Kovalev
Stevenson
Ward
[Show Results]

Who is the man at Light Heavyweight?
11-13-2014, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 12:50 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Who is the man at Light Heavyweight?
Well the poll is/was dead even between 4 guys lol! Now that Kovalev-Hopkins is history, has anyones opinion changed? Is it Stevenson still? Kovalev now? OR Ward? Lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Ward.

Ward > Chad Dawson > Bernard Hopkins > Jean Pascal
Ward > Edwin Rodriguez > Denis Grachev > Zsolt Erdei > Julio Cesar Gonzalez > Dariusz Michalczewski

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
11-13-2014, 03:13 AM
(11-13-2014 12:50 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Well the poll is/was dead even between 4 guys lol! Now that Kovalev-Hopkins is history, has anyones opinion changed? Is it Stevenson still? Kovalev now? OR Ward? Lol

Well as Ward has never fought at 175 he won't get my vote. Fairly easy for me, Kovalev.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Ward is only a theoretical fighter at 168 just now. He beat the light heavyweight champ who boiled down 7lbs to meet him at 168, and who subsequently lost to Tommy Karpency. Now im sorry, but anyone who loses to a Nathen Cleverly victim is dead to me.

Ward shouldnt be in this poll.

Fuck Andre Ward
11-13-2014, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 06:10 AM by and the NEW.)
Kovalev.

Would still like to see him fight Stevenson though - and Ward down the track.
11-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Well I think Kovalev is a better fighter, but Stevenson should be ranked one spot ahead of him simply because he beat Dawson, who was no.1 175lber at the time, and has not lost since.

Black
11-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Ward isn't even a consideration for this poll by anyone except Decagon.

A - Ward hasn't fought at 175.

B - Ward doesn't even fight in any division any longer.

Shit, you could make this poll about the 168 pound division and based on inactivity one could easily make the argument that Ward isn't "the man" there having been out of the ring for a year and another year before that with only a bullshit win in between.
11-13-2014, 12:41 PM
What, you think I voted twice or something? Ward is the Lineal Light Heavyweight Champion!

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
11-13-2014, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 01:39 PM by blackbelt2003.)
The problem is in basing the lineal title on the Maske/Hill/Michalczewski series. The WBC title was never involved in those fights, so therefore it was never an undisputed title. The best argument to that is the WBC version was vacant so technically there was only one champion. But if a title is vacant, then that is challenging the notion of there being an undisputed champion. The WBC disputed Michalczewski being champion.

I would say the lineal title runs from Roy Jones Jr, who actually did unify all three major belts. Of course, if you were going to also recognise the WBO belt then no line emanated from that reign, either.

Black
11-13-2014, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 01:44 PM by Decagon.)
Roy Jones was a fraud at 175. He won nothing but titles vacated by the true World Light Heavyweight Champion, Dariusz Michalczewski (and Fabrice Tiozzo, who went on to defeat Michalczewski). Anyway, his lineage stopped with Calzaghe.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament ViperSniper 14 1,208 02-08-2019 05:40 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear? ViperSniper 35 23,012 10-06-2014 04:34 PM
Last Post: Decagon
  Kessler to move upto Light Heavyweight! ViperSniper 5 3,801 03-27-2012 01:36 PM
Last Post: Fitz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)