Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
12-07-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
The Six Million Dollar Man was a little before my time, but I recently caught up with it when Time Life released the entire series in a DVD box set a whiled back. I worked my way up to season 3 before taking a short break.

I heard season 3 is when the show went really sci-fi, with Bigfoot and shit, so I'm really looking forward to that. lol The only thing that really bothered me about the show so far was just how many times Steve really fell hard for a girl. You never saw Michael Knight doing that shit.

I know the Bionic Woman spun off from the Six Million Dollar Man (and all the crossover episodes were included in this box set), but did you guys ever check that out, and is it worth picking up?

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 02:35 AM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
omg i bet those shows are so bad they might be good.
12-08-2014, 04:49 AM
(12-07-2014 06:14 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 05:51 AM)Fitz Wrote:  [quote='ViperSniper' pid='52486' dateline='1417916370']

That is awesome, I remember that batman car. Though I also remember the Mega Drive and playing a lot of that Street Fighter together.
I also remember in about 1991, when we got Talespin on NES and I got a crash test dummie figure.

Also, some of these I remember:

I struggled to find those TMNT movie toys! They are right up there for me.

You forgot one of your toys in the late 80's that I tried to claim over the years. It had alot of gadgets Tongue

Also I gotta add these. Mighty Max's were bad ass!!

Here's Tale Spin. One of my fav games..hours of fun.

12-08-2014, 04:52 AM
Do you know that they actually brought the green machine back?!!

I was looking thru a catalog a year or so ago and had to do a double take....it's a little sleeker....but basically the same design.
12-08-2014, 09:18 AM
(12-07-2014 11:46 PM)Warlord Wrote:  The Six Million Dollar Man was a little before my time, but I recently caught up with it when Time Life released the entire series in a DVD box set a whiled back. I worked my way up to season 3 before taking a short break.

I heard season 3 is when the show went really sci-fi, with Bigfoot and shit, so I'm really looking forward to that. lol The only thing that really bothered me about the show so far was just how many times Steve really fell hard for a girl. You never saw Michael Knight doing that shit.

I know the Bionic Woman spun off from the Six Million Dollar Man (and all the crossover episodes were included in this box set), but did you guys ever check that out, and is it worth picking up?

Bro, I was so fucking young...im talking 3-6 years old-ish. I vaguely remember the bigfoot shit, but for me, that episode was the equivalent of Fonzi on water skis. I dare say that might've been when Six Million jumped the shark.

Majors was tagging MAJOR tail. Michael Knight never touched ass like that!
12-08-2014, 09:47 AM
You got that right. He was banging Farah Fawcett when she was on her "A" game. And I'll tell you how good he was giving it to her, on her two guest appearances on the Six Million Dollar Man, she was billed as "Mrs. Lee Majors." lol

Critic, if you like a show where the main protagonist punches an alligator, and every locale (including Soviet Russia) looks suspiciously like sunny Southern California, and every foreign villain (including said Soviets) speaks English fluently with a perfect mid-western American accent, then this is the show for you.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-08-2014, 11:39 AM
HA!
12-09-2014, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 05:40 AM by BGv4.0.)
Speaking of Six Million Dollar Man....that line had some of the coolest accessories.

Also...for fans of SMDM...do any of you recall or did any of you get this....

Pulsar!!! This was Mattel's answer to Steve Austin.

His head would open to reveal where you put his mission disc....his blood pumped so you could see it circulating thru his chest cavity....and his repair station had a scanner that as you moved it over his body...would light up an x-ray where you could see his insides....really a super cool figure.

12-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Commodore 64 was OUTSTANDING!
12-09-2014, 01:45 PM
I lost many hours of my youth to the Commodore 64.

I never had this toy, but along with the Six Million Dollar Man, I used to love watching The Greatest American Hero.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)