Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kovalev vs Pascal
03-16-2015, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 01:23 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Kovalev vs Pascal
True, Kovalev has fought better competition, but let's face it, Pascal and the 50 year old BHOP that Kovalev fought aren't even at the level of Froch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2015, 01:55 AM
But is Golovkin's promoter going for those fights because they're easier? unless Golovkin fights Froch in England it wont be a huge ppv and even then it'd only be huge in England. HBO would want to see its two biggest names outside of Canelo fight in a big matchup and Golovkin would probably make more to fight Ward anyway. HBO wants him to be a star so they'd make ward be realistic with his demands. Golovkin will even fight Chavez Jr but not Ward. I think his popularity was higher during the Martinez fight and that didnt even do 500k buys. I'd buy Ward vs Golovkin and could see that do 450-600k buys.
03-16-2015, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 02:03 AM by and the NEW.)
I reckon Loeffler wants GGG to wait around for Canelo or Cotto. They would be the biggest paydays of the lot with the lowest risk and probably put GGG as the A-side in negotiations with Ward in the future.
03-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Those are good fights at 160. At 168 I wouldn't put anyone on a different level than Ward. They might offer different things than a Ward fight but they're also not as good as Ward. Ward dominated Froch and Kessler. I think there's more to it than money since Golovkin will move up for lower risk fights but not fight Ward even after Ward told him he'd sign for a fight with him. Canelo and Cotto can duck him pretty easy so he'd just be stalling his career if he holds out on those fights.
03-16-2015, 03:27 AM
(03-16-2015 02:32 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  Those are good fights at 160. At 168 I wouldn't put anyone on a different level than Ward. They might offer different things than a Ward fight but they're also not as good as Ward. Ward dominated Froch and Kessler. I think there's more to it than money since Golovkin will move up for lower risk fights but not fight Ward even after Ward told him he'd sign for a fight with him. Canelo and Cotto can duck him pretty easy so he'd just be stalling his career if he holds out on those fights.

Man you've really got no love for Triple G have you? lol I'm personally reserving opinion of Ward until I see him back from the layoff. Looking at the future for both these guys I'd still prefer Ward to take the Pepsi challenge and go and face the Krusher at 175 rather than get yet another guy to jump a division for him.

Agreed that Cotto can avoid Golovkin by moving back down but assuming that Triple G can unify within the next 12 months I see no way that Canelo who clearly can't make 154 for much longer can avoid him when he moves up to 160. Yeah maybe for a fight or 2 but not forever and then Golovkin gets to cash his golden ticket just like Hopkins did against Fishnets.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-16-2015, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 05:10 AM by and the NEW.)
Well GGG is keeping active, he will be fighting again in two months, unfortunately he will be facing Willie Monroe Jr. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
03-16-2015, 07:08 AM
(03-16-2015 02:32 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  Those are good fights at 160. At 168 I wouldn't put anyone on a different level than Ward. They might offer different things than a Ward fight but they're also not as good as Ward. Ward dominated Froch and Kessler. I think there's more to it than money since Golovkin will move up for lower risk fights but not fight Ward even after Ward told him he'd sign for a fight with him. Canelo and Cotto can duck him pretty easy so he'd just be stalling his career if he holds out on those fights.

Ward doesn't fight any more. Might as well be retired. It'll be 2 years that he's out of the ring by the time he fights again. Why is his name continuously brought up like he still an active fighter? He's not.
03-16-2015, 03:09 PM
(03-15-2015 09:15 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  He gets touched up, but he fights more in the pocket. He is more versatile. Kovalev needs to fight from the distance and when put under pressure, he is very poor, you can even see his body movements speed up and his punches become amateurish as he starts to panic.

I agree, I also find Kovalev more exciting and he can speak more english, rather than just say "my friend, this is box, Mexican box, I help him, he help me". But no doubt in my mind, Kovalev has way more flaws than GGG. I can picture Kovalev vs Stevenson looking like Naz vs Kelley!

Haha. That's how he always opens up and closes his interviews.

GGG: "Max...Thank you for my team.... and.... Max, this is fight...thank you... I give fans serious show....Mexican style."

Anyway when Pascal started to rally I saw the same look that you did in Kovalev. He seemed a little lost and his technique started to go to shit a bit as he backed off. Ultimately it didn't matter as his jab and power saw him through, but you have to wonder what would happen he ever fought someone who can handle his power and not fade like Pascal did. To find out I think that he would have to fight a GGG or prime Froch type of guy and how many of those are there at 175?
03-16-2015, 03:25 PM
I like his fights, I don't like all of the side shit going on. He's a middleweight that's never fought above middleweight or tried even tried to. To constantly avoid a chance to prove yourself by making excuses, just like he's done with Ward, you cant take them seriously. Especially with the names his people are going after. Why not help Ward knock off the ring rust? He already said he'd fight him.
03-16-2015, 03:35 PM
I heard today Mayorga may be Wards comeback fight

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kovalev Pascal III? Nay_Sayer 18 1,193 01-01-2020 10:52 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Kovalev-Pascal II set for Jan 30th. ViperSniper 86 40,313 02-08-2016 05:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Kovalev vs Pascal II Weigh-In boxingcritic 0 1,370 01-29-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)