Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donovan “Razor” Ruddock set for shock ring return
04-02-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Donovan “Razor” Ruddock set for shock ring return
I don't think there is anything wrong with him fighting if he is realistic and fights journeyman and just wants to fight. Nobody is thinking he will challenge with the top tier, but for what it is and just fighting club fighters, good on him. Credit to him being 51 and being able to fight and hang with younger journeymen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 07:31 AM
(04-02-2015 06:55 AM)JD Wrote:  Of course no one has said that...because it was utter shit.

I liked Ruddock...when he was 26 and beheading Michael Dokes.

Now he is 51, fat, clumsy, can't pull the trigger and he doesn't belong anywhere near a professional boxing ring. For the average Joe Schmuck he is in fine shape, and that is a very nice little accomplishment at this stage of his life.

But now he should cut the shit and go do something else with his time. In the end, we can only measure these guys against those that matter in the division, unless they will make for some insanely entertaining fights and it doesn't matter as much - he will come up dreadfully short in both cases.

So for the sake of Internet bandwidth everywhere; or at the homes of his immediate family, 6 fans and the guy who uploaded it...let us all hope that is the last clip of his comeback that finds its way on to Youtube.

Yeah but you know BG jizzed in his pants a little when watching that clip.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-02-2015, 08:40 AM
(04-02-2015 05:11 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Man I feel ashamed to admit I didn't appreciate the 90's HW scene enough when it was happening.

Maybe you'll say that in twenty years time about the great Klitschko-Haye-Povetkin-Pulev era.

Black
04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
I remember some people used to complain about the heavyweights in the 90's and early 2000's. They seem pretty great now lol.
04-02-2015, 10:24 AM
the 90's had a great bunch of competitive heavyweights, the 90's it's second only to the 70's -mid80's imo

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-02-2015, 11:50 AM
90's heavyweights are just fine by me...as long as they stay there.
04-02-2015, 01:50 PM
JD's bringing the heat in this thread!

And yeah, I too remember how bad everyone shit on 90's heavyweights, and the 80's heavyweights before that. Now you've got a contingent that swears the 80s/90s heavyweights ranks second only to the 60s/70s.

Boxing fans are like poets, hating the now and romanticizing the then. Wlad or the legions he fought won't get any respect until it's done, and we have some uncouth, uncoordinated Neanderthal like Deontay Wilder as champion. Then you'll hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth, about how he couldn't have beaten Calvin Brock, let alone Wladimir Klitchsko. Then someone will fish out a name like Joe Mesi and say, "even Mesi would've dominated this sorry crop."

And I'll just laugh derisively at it, the way I do when people pine for the days of Lennox Lewis, who was reviled as a boring and uninteresting champion by many for most, if not all, of his reign.
04-02-2015, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 02:31 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
WAR BABY JOE!!!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/402...ts/page/11

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/179...ery-decade

found those interesting I don't agree 100% but worth looking at

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
04-02-2015, 03:29 PM
That's very true about most divisions, Warlord. Personally I found the 90's heavyweights thrilling, probably because it was the era I reached manhood in and started being a boxing fan.

And I was also a massive fan of Lennox Lewis and found his reign captivating...but I know what you mean.

Black
04-02-2015, 04:51 PM
For me the problem was my thinking about the whole division was dominated by Tyson. In the early 90's it was 'how would Tyson come back from his defeat to Douglas?' Then it was adjusting to a scene without Tyson when he was in jail and just believing Mike would have mown through the lot of them. Then it was 'how would Tyson be after getting out of jail?' If I'd just let go of my Tyson obsession I could have appreciated better what was in front of me. The myth of Tyson colored my entire view of the division.

Now that retrospectively Tyson's abilities have been downgraded somewhat (perhaps even too much) it has given me the scope to appreciate the era as a whole and without romanticizing it, it was DEEP.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Razor Ruddock Returns! Romulus9 13 8,792 05-12-2012 09:48 AM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)