Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

When the original movie is not the best.
07-01-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: When the original movie is not the best.
(07-01-2015 12:31 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Forbidden Planet is an old 50's sci-fi movie he did as a young man. Just a fucking awesome movie.

Saw some stills just now and fuckin hell..Leslie Nielson as a youngster haha.

I don't think I've ever seen Leslie in a non-comedy role nor can i say I ever got into sci-fi's so not sure if this will do it for me or not. I wouldn't mind seeing Nielsons acting though. .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 10:31 PM
As for the thread topic. I've always thought the newer version of The Hills Have Eyes is a vast improvement over the original. Now...that's the first one...that sequel they made was awful.

Now as for the Star Wars films....Iv'e just recently had the pleasure of deciding how to show them to my wife, who had never seen them. There are so many theories as to how to view them....but ultimately....I decided to show them to her in the original order, 4-6 and yes I will include 1-3, as I see them as the original creators vision...like it or not. She really liked episodes 4-6 and we have planned to watch episodes 1 and 2 this weekend. This is all getting her ready for episode 7 in December.

I've never had the hate for the newer trilogy the way many seem to. And Episode 3 to me is awesome.....very hard to hate it with the badass light saber battles and the creation of Vader.....and I love Grevious too.

So yep....my wife will be getting her first shot of Jar Jar. Believe it or not.....I think she's going to like him.
07-01-2015, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 10:57 PM by ViperSniper.)
Other big franchise I've never seen, star wars film..never watched one before..
07-01-2015, 11:04 PM
By the creation of Vader, am I to assume that you find the actual moment of transformation, when Vader flies off the gourney like Frankenstein's monster shouting "No!!!!!!!!!!" to be compelling?

Because I laughed out loud when I saw that. SO fucking stupid!

It may be part of Lucas's "vision", but that doesn't make it good. It's shit. All three prequels are shit. Absolute, utter, completely putrid shit.

Damn, Viper! WTF dude? You've got some catching up to do, son.
07-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Well. I mean more the duel with Obi Wan and the medical droids attaching the prosthetics and the sealing of the mask. Although the "Noooo" scene is often ridiculed. I never thought it was as bad as many make it our to be. Lots of fans always point to the Frankenstein step off the table....but in reality it makes sense, their was a whole book written about Vader's time just being put in the suit, how awkward he found it to be and how difficult it was to move....so to me the scene is not as bad as people make it out to be.

I've always said the second trilogy is ripped on so bad because it's by 30-40 year old fans of the original, who are now jaded 9-5'ers that want things catered to their likes....30-40 year old likes.....so it's hard for them to like the same childish aspects that they would have loved as a kid.

I'm no fan of Jar Jar Binks.....but I can see how if I was a 6 year old kid....I might like him. I think its impossible for people to enjoy something from their childhood when they are now way past childhood. Older SW fans are trying to get that same feeling they got when they used to watch the original trilogy....and that is NEVER going to happen....not even in December.....it can't. Because at that same time your biggest decisions and stressors in life were do you pick up the new snake eyes figure or storm shadow figure first?

So I think the second trilogy gets drug over the coals because most that criticize it cannot relate to it as a kid. I'd bet as hard as it may be to fathom.....some kid out there thinks Jango Fett is the shit just as his older Uncle once thought Boba Fett was. SW is going to be a generational thing.....this new trilogy will now be seen by both the adults who saw the original and the now young adults who grew up with the second.....so it will be interesting to see if these will be as scrutinized by both camps now.
07-02-2015, 02:14 AM
(07-01-2015 11:04 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Damn, Viper! WTF dude? You've got some catching up to do, son.

Haha I know, you may be surprised with how many big movie franchises I have never seen lol

I only just finish watching all the godfather movies for the first time ever this year!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)