Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
02-17-2017, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2017 05:34 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
(02-16-2017 07:53 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  ATN pretty much went over all of this with you already, just a page ago...post: #158 of this thread..

Exactly, my point is that Mosley doesn't have problems with the shoulder roll as some pointed out, where they specifically cited Mayweather as the example, which I clearly debunked. Whether that relates to Toney's use of it is a different matter, which I pointed out. Some idiots think the way Floyd uses his shoulder is the same as the way Eddie Futch taught. Simple minds.

As for those that base a mythical match up on a fighters best night, rather than their prime; how was Tyson who beat Spinks going to fair against Holyfield? I guess he would walk through him, because that's what he does to people on his best night! You can't use one fight. Some guys look great because they fight a guy suited to them. It doesn't mean they had their best night, it means they looked their best, because styles make fights. Another reason why people who make a comparison based on one fight should never be listened to when trying to make a mythical comparison, it is clear they are suffering from fetal alcoholic spectrum disorder.

I'm still waiting to hear how fat James could catch a fast, slick boxer like Mosley, when he had his slow plodding fat crankles boxed off him by Montell fukcin Griffin! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. 18 pages and still no explanation to this conundrum..........

The truth is, the only thing James can catch is a hamburger coming right at him, kind of like Iran!

(02-16-2017 04:51 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  He himself rates his win over Iran Barkley as his best victory. Not long before that he'd also beaten McCallum in the rematch which was no mean feat.

A lot of people also think he lost to McCallum. I'm not sure Toney had a prime. He looked great against the right opposition, guys who came at him. He either fought on close terms, or got his ears boxed off against guys who used their feet and had a bit of speed and skill. Also probably explains why Toney never had any amateur success at the highest level. In 5+ years the best he could muster was regional success.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career? - and the NEW - 02-17-2017 04:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,446 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)