Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury - Joshua in December
09-13-2022, 08:00 AM
RE: Fury - Joshua in December
Seeing Fury dropped by Steven Cunningham and hurt multiple times by Wilder I’ll go above 1%…but Fury is a clear favorite for a reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2022, 10:57 AM
Any advance on JDs 2%.....

Seriously though, the Joshua of this point in time for me doesn't have a huge amount more going for him v Fury than Dillian Whyte did.

I guess if AJ figures out how effectively, and frequently switch up from head to body, maybe he can make it interesting but I'm clutching here. I cant think of a department where AJ has the upper hand, and I can't think if a fight strategy that isn't constrained by certain things, either on their own, or as they compare against Fury.

I mean, AJ couldn't even use his natural advantages agaisnt a smaller fighter... This is a fight where he doesn't actually have any advantages.
09-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Well this is silly af. Joshua and Usyk fight it out for the unified title and somehow it's the loser that gets to face the linear champ. Modern day boxing I suppose.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2022, 07:50 PM
(09-13-2022 01:44 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Well this is silly af. Joshua and Usyk fight it out for the unified title and somehow it's the loser that gets to face the linear champ. Modern day boxing I suppose.

This is happening because Usyk has chosen to take the rest of the year off. A gap opened so Fury and Joshua have taken it. I'm looking forward to it.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-13-2022, 07:52 PM
(09-13-2022 10:57 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Any advance on JDs 2%.....

Seriously though, the Joshua of this point in time for me doesn't have a huge amount more going for him v Fury than Dillian Whyte did.

I guess if AJ figures out how effectively, and frequently switch up from head to body, maybe he can make it interesting but I'm clutching here. I cant think of a department where AJ has the upper hand, and I can't think if a fight strategy that isn't constrained by certain things, either on their own, or as they compare against Fury.

I mean, AJ couldn't even use his natural advantages agaisnt a smaller fighter... This is a fight where he doesn't actually have any advantages.

Fury will have him beaten halfway through the first press conference.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-14-2022, 01:13 AM
(09-13-2022 07:50 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  This is happening because Usyk has chosen to take the rest of the year off. A gap opened so Fury and Joshua have taken it. I'm looking forward to it.

I would have preferred seeing Fury-Usyk in Feb of next year than Fury-Joshua in Dec of this year.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2022, 04:05 AM
Snoop, let's hope we get both?

Anyway, I dont doubt that many here are more knowledgeable than I from a technical pov.

Be AJs trainer, I'm AJ tell me how I win this fight....

I dont think he can, just interested to know what you lot all think he SHOULD do, even though we probably all believe he can't.
09-14-2022, 05:25 AM
Believe it or not Wilder laid the blueprint last fight. That first round is how you beat Fury. It'll take massive conditioning and discipline but when Wilder came out jabbing the body hard like that it froze Tyson. He was visibly shook. But Wilder has no discipline and strayed away after a round. If AJ can implement that for a consistent 4 or 5 rounds and start opening up mid fight he has a chance. AJ should bring in Steve Cunningham as an assistant coach for the camp. He originally laid the blue print. If he was AJ's size he would've beat Tyson.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
09-14-2022, 07:52 AM
T Bear yeah mixing body and head is honestly the only thing that occurred to me as mentioned earlier, but still don't see him being able to do enough. I suppose AJs capabilities or lack of doesn't detract from that being the right thing to try though.
09-14-2022, 08:05 AM
I think AJ has a better chance against Fury than Wilder for a couple reasons.

1 - He’s a better athlete and more fluid
2 - He’s has better fundamentals and is more skilled
3 - His legs aren’t toast

That said, Joshua will lose for the reason he’s lost all of his fights..his head.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star It's on!! Deontey Wilder-Tyson Fury! December 1st in L.A ViperSniper 249 18,950 02-03-2020 03:47 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Ruiz-Joshua II: December 7th in Saudi Arabia! ViperSniper 160 11,520 12-08-2019 01:10 PM
Last Post: Imperius3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)