Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury - Joshua in December
09-15-2022, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2022 10:01 AM by Snoop.)
RE: Fury - Joshua in December
(09-15-2022 06:00 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  It's not THE fight at heavyweight, but it was up until very recently, and it's now at worst the very best fight available that isn't Fury v Usyk.
Respectfully disagree with this. This has not been THE heavyweight fight since Joshua lost to Usyk back in Sept of 2021. It also isn't ideal that Joshua is coming off a devastating loss and has less than 3 months to prepare since fighting less than a month ago. You really think the best version of Joshua is going to show up under those circumstances?
Quote:If we get this plus Fury Usyk after it, then Furys run of (at my count) 6 fights will be all killer no filler. How often does that happen?
If this were to actually happen, I'd probably change my opinion, but hindsight is always 20/20. I think a lot of people here are being okay with this fight on the assumption that the Usyk fight will happen down the line. Again, what happens if Fury loses to Joshua or if Usyk loses to the Wilder/Helenius winner? I know that both those outcomes have a slim chance of happening, but we all have been watching the sport long enough to know that anything can happen. Where does that put the HW scenario then?

The order of fights that makes more sense is Fury fights Usyk and Joshua fights Wilder. The winners and losers of each bout then fight each other. Doing it in the order that it is happening now could potentially ruin the whole thing. Why take that risk when Fury can just fight Usyk directly? Because it would have to wait til Feb?

Plus, the Usyk fight eventually happening doesn't change how Fury's choice is reflective of his current character. He is either intentionally choosing the path of least resistance or he is ignorant of the situation in its entirety. Neither are good.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2022, 11:04 AM
But Snoop, if Wilder or Helenius beat Usyk, then they deserve the big fight. If AJ beats Fury, then he is the guy again (or one of two).

You can't say this is a shit fight because Usyk might lose before we get the real fight. Its only the real fight if Usyk continues to win.
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2022, 07:48 PM
(09-15-2022 11:04 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  But Snoop, if Wilder or Helenius beat Usyk, then they deserve the big fight. If AJ beats Fury, then he is the guy again (or one of two).

You can't say this is a shit fight because Usyk might lose before we get the real fight. Its only the real fight if Usyk continues to win.

I mean you can make that argument for any big fight that should happen but hasn't happened yet. Imagine if Spence and Crawford decide to fight other people, then lose to said people, then we all say that the respective winners are deserving. From a logic standpoint, sure that somewhat makes sense, but we also wouldn't get to see the fight that we wanted in the first place.

That's my whole thing - there's a better fight to be had and it's being passed on because the linear champion wants to get paid more and take on an easier challenge. That's bullshit Money Mayweather decision-making right there.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

09-15-2022, 08:33 PM
Amongst star fighters fighting today, Fury is pretty high up on the list of guys who are willing to fight real opponents and take real risks.

He's wanted this fight his whole career and now he can get it on his terms.

I don't blame him at all for taking this. And I'm glad it's happening when AJ is weak because I'd love to see Fury knock him out.
09-15-2022, 09:35 PM
(09-15-2022 06:53 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Ollie that's a crock of shit. His looked slower in the opening rounds because wilder slowed him down. Rematch the fight. The minute Wilder quits attacking the body Fury is "on" again. You can't discredit what Wilder/Scott managed to figure out by saying "oh that's was because of Tyson not Wilders gameplan" bullshit. A disciplined and competent Wilder could've won that fight with that gameplan. The fear in Furys demeanor was real.

I disagree.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-15-2022, 09:36 PM
(09-15-2022 02:56 AM)Snoop Wrote:  Says who? A multitude of things could happen from here on out. Fury or Usyk could lose, Usyk could go back to the front lines in Ukraine, and let's not forget Fury's erratic "retirement" behavior.

Quite honestly, I lost a lot of respect for Fury from this move. Instead of taking on the bigger and more legitimate challenge in Usyk, he aims for a mentally wounded Joshua in the name of a bigger payday and an easier win. On top of that, he puts a ridiculous ultimatum to have the fight made on Dec 3rd instead of Joshua's request for Dec 17th, leaving less than 4 months from his last fight for recovery and a full training camp. Not only is Fury going after the weaker opponent, but he's also cutting Joshua's window to come in the best possible form that he can.

That is not the behavior of a champion.

Usyk said he doesn't want to fight again this year? If Tyson does want to fight to stay sharp what is he supposed to do?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-15-2022, 09:42 PM
(09-15-2022 09:36 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Usyk said he doesn't want to fight again this year? If Tyson does want to fight to stay sharp what is he supposed to do?

You can’t blame Snoop. He’s not a true believer when it comes to the man-god Tyson Fury. He hasn’t read the scriptures. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
09-15-2022, 10:39 PM
(09-15-2022 09:42 PM)Warlord Wrote:  You can’t blame Snoop. He’s not a true believer when it comes to the man-god Tyson Fury. He hasn’t read the scriptures. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

More bible study required for Snoop.

09-16-2022, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2022 02:11 AM by Snoop.)
(09-15-2022 09:36 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Usyk said he doesn't want to fight again this year? If Tyson does want to fight to stay sharp what is he supposed to do?

I don't know that 3 months is going to dull his skills that significantly. It also doesn't excuse his demands to bring in the weakest version of Joshua possible.

I will however concede to the lack of my biblical knowledge regarding Lord Fury.

(09-15-2022 08:33 PM)salvador Wrote:  Amongst star fighters fighting today, Fury is pretty high up on the list of guys who are willing to fight real opponents and take real risks.

He's wanted this fight his whole career and now he can get it on his terms.

I don't blame him at all for taking this. And I'm glad it's happening when AJ is weak because I'd love to see Fury knock him out.

If your interest is in seeing AJ get knocked out, then yes, this is an ideal fight. But you can't on the one hand admit that he's targeting AJ when he's weak and also say he's "willing to fight real opponents and take real risks".

Choosing to fighting someone because they are at their weakest point of their career is the exact opposite of that.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

09-16-2022, 03:46 AM
(09-16-2022 01:05 AM)Snoop Wrote:  I don't know that 3 months is going to dull his skills that significantly. It also doesn't excuse his demands to bring in the weakest version of Joshua possible.

I will however concede to the lack of my biblical knowledge regarding Lord Fury.

If your interest is in seeing AJ get knocked out, then yes, this is an ideal fight. But you can't on the one hand admit that he's targeting AJ when he's weak and also say he's "willing to fight real opponents and take real risks".

Choosing to fighting someone because they are at their weakest point of their career is the exact opposite of that.

Top guys need to stay sharp. Fighting once every 12 months is ghey and Sugar Ray Robinson would be turning in his grave.

Frankly speaking King Tyson has to take this fight now, there is too much money on the table and I personally think Joshua is vulnerable to anyone right now. One more loss the mega payday with Fury is ded in the water. The time is now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star It's on!! Deontey Wilder-Tyson Fury! December 1st in L.A ViperSniper 249 19,125 02-03-2020 03:47 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Ruiz-Joshua II: December 7th in Saudi Arabia! ViperSniper 160 12,334 12-08-2019 01:10 PM
Last Post: Imperius3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)