Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fights revisited.
02-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Fights revisited.
The five/ten second light (depending on the state) was flashing directly into Steele's eyes.

Taylor deserved that victory.

The argument on the other end is valid but I don't go along with it.

The title of Meldrick's autobiography says it all: "Two Seconds from Glory"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 04:14 AM
Fights revisited.
Romulus9 Wrote:The five/ten second light (depending on the state) was flashing directly into Steele's eyes.

Taylor deserved that victory.

The argument on the other end is valid but I don't go along with it.

The title of Meldrick's autobiography says it all: "Two Seconds from Glory"
Agreed and this is where there is a fundamental difference in point of view that I don't think can be bridged between opposing sides.

I happen to think if the ref has that 10 second light flashing and particularly if it is the last round of the fight he has the discretion to let it go. It wasn't even like Chavez had him pinned and was unleashing head shots with Taylor's hands down. Chavez was in the neutral fucken corner! I don't even think he had time to get across the ring to fire another shot.

Just re-watched it again to make 100% sure of what I'm saying. Yep it gets worse for me every time I see it.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Fights revisited.
I wouldn't have liked that stoppage had there been two minutes left.

Taylor was on his feet. Yes he likely would have been stopped during the ensuing flurry but in a fight of that magnitude a champ should absolutely be given that opportunity to survive.

The fact that there were two seconds left, and the light was flashing in Steele's face letting him know, makes it that much more unjust.
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Fights revisited.
STEVENSKI Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Damn this topic has been beat to death.

OK Steels job is to watch the fighter not the clock. Meldrick was hurt big time and takeing a horrible beating. When Steele asked if he could continue Taylor didn't/couldn't respond therefore Steel made 100% the right call.

But ppl like to get all bitchy cuz of the two mins left but the ref shouldnt give a f*ck bout the time his job is the safety of the fighter. Nuff said.

End of discussion.
Steel did what he had to do in that situation. Hindsight is a wonderful thing Dick Steel had to make a split second judgement on this & would people still be complaining if there was 90 seconds left in the fight?

You can't complain about the time of the stoppage as it should not matter one iota how much time was on the clock only the fighters condition. I cannot see personally any reason why the fight should have been allowed to continue when you look at the shape Meldrick was in & his failure to respond to Steel.

I can see how people are pissed off at the stoppage but taking the time left out of the equation I question anyones sanity if they think Taylor should have been anything but stopped from continuing. Simply put he was absolutely fucked at that stage.
Hard to believe that you of all people, the dude who has multiple people that you fantasize about seeing brain dead and drooling for the rest of their lives, would buy into that moldy pile of horseshit rationalization for saving not Taylor but Chavez.

Fuck Chavez, that cartel coddled piece of shit, and his prima dona, spoon fed fucking baby cribbed son.

Yeah, "Steele did what he had to do," he did what he was paid to do, save the first chapter of The Over Hyped Family. I'd like to take their fucking bandanas and shove them deep down inside where they can only shit them out.

The days left in winter are the grains of sand left in the hour glass until I visit their Sinaloa masters.
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Fights revisited.
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:

OK Steels job is to watch the fighter not the clock. Meldrick was hurt big time and takeing a horrible beating. When Steele asked if he could continue Taylor didn't/couldn't respond therefore Steel made 100% the right call.

But ppl like to get all bitchy cuz of the two mins left but the ref shouldnt give a f*ck bout the time his job is the safety of the fighter. Nuff said.

End of discussion.
Steel did what he had to do in that situation. Hindsight is a wonderful thing Dick Steel had to make a split second judgement on this & would people still be complaining if there was 90 seconds left in the fight?

You can't complain about the time of the stoppage as it should not matter one iota how much time was on the clock only the fighters condition. I cannot see personally any reason why the fight should have been allowed to continue when you look at the shape Meldrick was in & his failure to respond to Steel.

I can see how people are pissed off at the stoppage but taking the time left out of the equation I question anyones sanity if they think Taylor should have been anything but stopped from continuing. Simply put he was absolutely fucked at that stage.
Hard to believe that you of all people, the dude who has multiple people that you fantasize about seeing brain dead and drooling for the rest of their lives, would buy into that moldy pile of horseshit rationalization for saving not Taylor but Chavez.

Fuck Chavez, that cartel coddled piece of shit, and his prima dona, spoon fed fucking baby cribbed son.
Chavez showed that he could be an asshole when decisions didn't go his way, but I don't see how the Taylor fight was his fault. Wouldn't Don King be the more logical culprit?
02-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Fights revisited.
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:

End of discussion.

Chavez showed that he could be an asshole when decisions didn't go his way, but I don't see how the Taylor fight was his fault. Wouldn't Don King be the more logical culprit?
Of course not. And all of the coddling of his Mexican Princess son is not his fault either.

Don't mind me, I'm particularly surly lately.
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Fights revisited.
SmartyBeardo Wrote:

End of discussion.
You so fucking tired of it? Don't participate. Especially if you are going to say "two mins" when it was two fucking seconds.

Now why don't you go ahead and rationalize the shit draw with Sweet Pea too.

STFU.
Fuck you punk lil bitch. Who you think you are coming at me like that mutherf*cker.

Obviously your bitch ass new i meant 2 seconds but you had to be lil dick and get all bitchy about it.

Get the fuck out of here with that sh*t you ashhole.

And fItz saying all mexicans thought the same well it goes both ways biatches im sure ya new that most that thought it was a bad stoppage happen to just be Americans.

As for the Whitaker fight i've always stated that was a robbery.

Now go f*ck yourself and do your f*Cking homework you bitch.
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Fights revisited.
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Fuck you punk lil bitch. Who you think you are coming at me like that mutherf*cker.

Obviously your bitch ass new i meant 2 seconds but you had to be lil dick and get all bitchy about it.

And fItz saying all mexicans thought the same well it goes both ways biatches im sure ya new that most that thought it was a bad stoppage happen to just be Americans.

lol lol lol lol

Now that's a reply!

Actually me being a Kiwi and Fitz an Aussie (insert sheep and convict jokes here) I would think we can claim some neutrality around this topic yeah?

However I love your reply and something tells me Mr Beardo may have something to say about it as well. He tends not to take these type of ripostes lying down.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Fights revisited.
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Fuck you punk lil bitch. Who you think you are coming at me like that mutherf*cker.

lol lol lol lol

Now that's a reply!

Actually me being a Kiwi and Fitz an Aussie (insert sheep and convict jokes here) I would think we can claim some neutrality around this topic yeah?

However I love your reply and something tells me Mr Beardo may have something to say about it as well. He tends not to take these type of ripostes lying down.
Fuck that fat old bald man. lol
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Fights revisited.
kidbazooka1 Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:

End of discussion.
You so fucking tired of it? Don't participate. Especially if you are going to say "two mins" when it was two fucking seconds.

Now why don't you go ahead and rationalize the shit draw with Sweet Pea too.

STFU.
Fuck you punk lil bitch. Who you think you are coming at me like that mutherf*cker.

Awwww, did I get your tiny little nutsac to drop an inch below your belly-button? I'm sure that's painful for you.

Still bored of this subject?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fights revisited. Joe Calzaghe-Bernard Hopkins. ViperSniper 22 17,317 11-05-2016 08:24 PM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Fights Revisited: Crawford Gamboa ViperSniper 2 2,781 10-25-2014 07:16 PM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Fights Revisited. Felix Trinidad-Fernando Vargas ViperSniper 11 9,668 10-06-2014 04:12 PM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)