Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquaio vs Rios or Alvarado in November
04-30-2013, 05:19 AM
RE: Manny Pacquaio vs Rios or Alvarado in November
As much as many people will be loathe to admit this as he is a very controversial figure I think how well Manny goes will depend on how committed he is to Ariza's S&C program.

By his own admission it has been a few years and a few fights since he really let Ariza put him through the wringer and for the last JMM fight Ariza was merely warming him before sparring sessions.

I don't think there is much if anything new that Roach can teach him, so for the next fight if I were Manny I would concentrate on getting into better shape. Lack of conditioning also cost him in the Bradley fight, a fully fit Manny would have finished helmet head.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 06:14 AM
I agree, I think it's all mental for Pacquiao. Not much he can do or change in the ring IMO, but it's all mental and only he knows if he could have put more work into his training camps.
But to me, just from an observation. He seems to have lost a bit of that hunger that he used to have, and once again that comes down to a mental/internal thing.
04-30-2013, 06:18 AM
(04-30-2013 06:14 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I agree, I think it's all mental for Pacquiao. Not much he can do or change in the ring IMO, but it's all mental and only he knows if he could have put more work into his training camps.
But to me, just from an observation. He seems to have lost a bit of that hunger that he used to have, and once again that comes down to a mental/internal thing.

I agree and I think it is that lack of hunger that led him to taper off in his S&C program. I just don't know whether he is prepared to let Ariza really put him through it n camp.

It reminds me of that photo I think Meth posted a couple do days right after Hopkins' last fight and there he was back in the gym training. Is Manny that type of hungry anymore? I don't think so.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-30-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm really interested in his next fight. Other than Bradley, it feels like a while since a fight has interested me.
The Marquez fight is only a great fight in hindsight, leading up to it. I thought it sucked and I wanted Marquez to get his lights turned out just so he could move on. I expected him to get destroyed as well.

But his next fight should be the most telling Pacquiao fight in sometime. We're going to see just how much he has left in the ring. He hasn't been humbled like that before in a very, very long time so maybe this could be the thing that kick starts some of that hunger in his belly.
04-30-2013, 06:53 AM
(04-30-2013 06:25 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I'm really interested in his next fight. Other than Bradley, it feels like a while since a fight has interested me.
The Marquez fight is only a great fight in hindsight, leading up to it. I thought it sucked and I wanted Marquez to get his lights turned out just so he could move on. I expected him to get destroyed as well.

But his next fight should be the most telling Pacquiao fight in sometime. We're going to see just how much he has left in the ring. He hasn't been humbled like that before in a very, very long time so maybe this could be the thing that kick starts some of that hunger in his belly.

It's looking like Rios as well which would be the perfect to see if A: he has anything left and B: If he has anything left restore his confidence with a big KO victory.

04-30-2013, 03:13 PM
(04-30-2013 05:19 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  As much as many people will be loathe to admit this as he is a very controversial figure I think how well Manny goes will depend on how committed he is to Ariza's S&C program.

By his own admission it has been a few years and a few fights since he really let Ariza put him through the wringer and for the last JMM fight Ariza was merely warming him before sparring sessions.

I don't think there is much if anything new that Roach can teach him, so for the next fight if I were Manny I would concentrate on getting into better shape. Lack of conditioning also cost him in the Bradley fight, a fully fit Manny would have finished helmet head.

i don't think he tried to stop Bradley. he'd to think he's up by a lot of rounds and Roach probably told him he's up by a lot of rounds. since Bradley really isn't that bad of a dude Pac would never try to finish him late. even with Cotto it could have been a lot worse for that version of Cotto but Pac never really tried to finish him. he probably thought of it as a tune up fight and turned it on later in the round to guarantee he'd get it. unfortunately for him Bob Arum fucked him in the ass
04-30-2013, 06:04 PM
mannys just getting old. it happens, I dont for a second think his success was based on ariza or fortune before him. Ariza is just a self promoter who should have been shown the door long ago.
04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
(04-30-2013 06:04 PM)jlupi Wrote:  mannys just getting old. it happens, I dont for a second think his success was based on ariza or fortune before him. Ariza is just a self promoter who should have been shown the door long ago.

He got many in crazy shape for Cotto and Margarito, fact. He stopped using Ariza pretty much after the Marg fight and has tailed off since.

I think with Many it is a combo of things, like Fitz mentioned he has lost that hunger but to totally dismiss the work a good S&C coach can do with there fighter is silly in my humble opinion.

You may think Ariza is an ass, I get that, he can def. be too big for his boots but I think the work he did with Manny played a substantial part is his early success at 147.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rios vs Alvarado and the NEW 15 11,419 01-27-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots
  Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios in Macau Nov 24 Spyder 45 30,832 05-11-2013 09:19 AM
Last Post: salvador
  Alvarado vs Rios II torvix2000 9 8,524 04-01-2013 02:02 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)