Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Berto-Ortiz II in danger
05-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
gravytrain Wrote:
torvix2000 Wrote:Lol! Idiots believing professionals instead of common sense.

If somebody takes a drug and you tested him everyday for 1000 days, there will come a day where the traces will be miniscule.

i kind of agree with you. but when you look into deca you've to realize it's the worst steroid to take if you're trying to avoid testing, would Conte really give somebody that when he knows how stupid it would be?

What if it's a new variant which came out of a drug designer's lab? It can even be not a variant but still register as deca.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
gravytrain Wrote:Arum made an alright point when it came down to the testing itself. if these organizations just ask some questions then come and test somebody there's not enough education or discussion on it. and with Berto you've to really question a system where the independent organization finds some trace amount of a banned substance that's a false positive and he can't even go ahead with the fight. VADA isn't even affiliated with WADA, it got started by someone that's a ringside doc for NSAC.

I think it's because some promoters thought that those fighters asking for drug testing were not doping. They just let their fighters go through with it without making it clear what the implications of positive results are.

It may be better to suspend Berto for 1 year even with that "miniscule" traces so that none of his wins will be tainted.

At this point in time, I am now inclined to believe that both Floyd and Pacquiao are the ones not doping. The reason is that those fighters without the physical inborn attributes to excel were the ones being tested positive.
05-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
JONdaCON Wrote:According to the professionals it was so minuscule that the only way of getting it was accidental digestion.
Just wondering Jon, would you be taking the same stance if it was Manny or Khan that had been busted? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

In fact if either of those 2 jokers had been caught for the stuff Peterson and Berto were caught on, these boards (and every other boxing board on the net) would be alight with indignation.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
Off topic, but Ben Johnson the 100m sprinter that won gold and broke the WR in Seoul in 1988 who later got stripped of gold when tested positive is here in Australia, and I was listening to him on SEN (Australian sports radio station) the other night.

To sum it up, he said he would beat Bolt now if he was in his prime and then most importantly, began discussing the controversy around the race in 1988. He was asked if other sprinters were using them and he basically said that just about every sprinter uses it and said that the majority of runners were on them. They then asked him about Carl Lewis, but he said he wouldn't name any names, but did say that he was sabotaged by Lewis and his camp, because they couldn't handle a Canadian beating the American's at the olympics.
He said that drugs are every where and in all sports, and majority of the top athletes would be using them. He said that the PED's aren't used to make you run quicker, he said they are used for recovery and to train at 100% which of course, makes you run faster by being able to train more frequently and recover.
He said it's just about impossible for sprinters to be running the times they do now without drug cheating, because the body is not built or made to go through the strenuous training they go through. He was pretty much saying a human body would not be able to handle the workload or sustain that load, that the top athletes are put through to achieve the type of performances and results they put on.
Obviously he is talking about the benchmark for the guys right at the top and he even said that this kind of applies for a lot of the sports, and just not sprinting.
05-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
Fitz Wrote:Off topic, but Ben Johnson the 100m sprinter that won gold and broke the WR in Seoul in 1988 who later got stripped of gold when tested positive is here in Australia, and I was listening to him on SEN (Australian sports radio station) the other night.

To sum it up, he said he would beat Bolt now if he was in his prime and then most importantly, began discussing the controversy around the race in 1988. He was asked if other sprinters were using them and he basically said that just about every sprinter uses it and said that the majority of runners were on them. They then asked him about Carl Lewis, but he said he wouldn't name any names, but did say that he was sabotaged by Lewis and his camp, because they couldn't handle a Canadian beating the American's at the olympics.
He said that drugs are every where and in all sports, and majority of the top athletes would be using them. He said that the PED's aren't used to make you run quicker, he said they are used for recovery and to train at 100% which of course, makes you run faster by being able to train more frequently and recover.
He said it's just about impossible for sprinters to be running the times they do now without drug cheating, because the body is not built or made to go through the strenuous training they go through. He was pretty much saying a human body would not be able to handle the workload or sustain that load, that the top athletes are put through to achieve the type of performances and results they put on.
Obviously he is talking about the benchmark for the guys right at the top and he even said that this kind of applies for a lot of the sports, and just not sprinting.
And I would agree with him. I am in no doubt that Bolt (and the rest) are on something but as a spectator I just sit back and enjoy the ride.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
JONdaCON Wrote:According to the professionals it was so minuscule that the only way of getting it was accidental digestion.
Just wondering Jon, would you be taking the same stance if it was Manny or Khan that had been busted? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

In fact if either of those 2 jokers had been caught for the stuff Peterson and Berto were caught on, these boards (and every other boxing board on the net) would be alight with indignation.
I ain't takin a stance I'm juss reiterating what I read. I think Manny dopes but if he got caught I wouldn't be surprised. On the flipside, if he tested clean once, juss once, ide think it'd completely solidify his hof career and clear his name, no questions asked. Well, in my book.

Khan doesn't seem like a doper imo. I was surprised by Peterson, no lie.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
Fitz Wrote:Off topic, but Ben Johnson the 100m sprinter that won gold and broke the WR in Seoul in 1988 who later got stripped of gold when tested positive is here in Australia, and I was listening to him on SEN (Australian sports radio station) the other night.

I think it's different in boxing. Boxers of today have become lazier. But all they have to do is train hard like the old days. And a handful of today's boxers do.
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger

i like watching Ben Johnson videos, doping or not that guy was 1 hell of an athlete. there are guys out there that are just better than cheating though. Carl Lewis shouldn't have even been able to compete in Seoul because he tested positive for stimulants but the USOC appealed and won saying it's a false positive.
05-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Berto-Ortiz II in danger
torvix2000 Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:
torvix2000 Wrote:Lol! Idiots believing professionals instead of common sense.

If somebody takes a drug and you tested him everyday for 1000 days, there will come a day where the traces will be miniscule.

i kind of agree with you. but when you look into deca you've to realize it's the worst steroid to take if you're trying to avoid testing, would Conte really give somebody that when he knows how stupid it would be?

What if it's a new variant which came out of a drug designer's lab? It can even be not a variant but still register as deca.

that wouldn't make any sense with all the other stuff available. even if they made a variant deca can stick with you so long i can't see anybody really using it unless they don't get tested. why not just get something that's guaranteed to be out of your system in a shorter time period? it could be couple things but only Berto really knows what happened, there's always an out for people when they test positive for something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ortiz vs Berto II BrutalBodyShots 55 30,792 05-11-2016 12:35 AM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Berto vs Ortiz II BrotherCane 15 9,412 04-20-2012 07:13 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Berto - Ortiz Off JD 16 10,514 02-01-2012 12:27 PM
Last Post: EAlbian

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)