Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donaire/Nishioka - Rios/Alvarado this weekend
10-08-2012, 01:51 AM
I didn't realise it was so soon, and no talk about it.

Should be a good card. Haven't seen a lot of Nishioka, only a little. But a better opponent that Donaire has been in the ring with recently.
Will also be interested to see how Rios looks, as he hasn't looked great in his previous fights.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm big Donaire fan; he's in my top 5 right now. I must admit that I've been less than impressed with him though in his last handful of fights and hope that he'll get back to that explosiveness that he had a few years back. He's a very likable guy, good for the sport and exciting. I'll be the first to admit I have not seen his opponent fight so I can't comment on how the fight may play out. Of course I'm rooting for a Donaire win, and an impressive performance that leads to something bigger in the Spring.
10-08-2012, 03:18 AM
I want Donaire to be great again.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I still want Rios vs. Marquez. That would be a beautiful comeback win for Marquez. Another Diaz vs. Marquez type fight.
10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Has Donaire gone too far up in weight? I wish fighters wouldn't bounce through the weights. Before you know it they've lost what made them special in a lower weight and they never get it back.

Darchinyan was the same...that move from 115 to 118 cost him big time. Why he moved up when he was undisputed champ I don't know.

Maybe the same with Donaire...has that explosive power been lessened going from flyweight to super-bantamweight? Or is it just that Vazquez Jr and Mathebula were such good opponents?

I hope it's the latter and that Donaire becomes great. I like him; him and Mares would be terrific. Nishioka is a great little fighter but I think the lay off might hurt him in this.

Black
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
I want Donaire to lose....he's fallen off, and I don't like his attitude....I'd say Nishioka has a 30% chance....

Interested to see how Rios looks after the Abril "loss"....Alvarado won't be boxing him, so one would think Rios should win the war of attrition here...
10-12-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm really hoping they have not overhyped the Rios/Alvarado fight....too many times I've been promised a war and then because that is the ONLY aspect that has been hyped by the promotion prior....you get 1 or both guys trying a different approach and it ends up NOT living up to the expectations.
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't see how Rios-Alvarado can miss, unless Rios just somehow has nothing left. Alvarado is nothing special, but he's a rugged dude. If Rios brings it to him the way he used to bring it to guys, Alvarado is going to bring it right back. Should be great, and I have no idea who wins, but I'm definitely rooting for Bam Bam.

Similarly rooting for Donaire, though I agree about his recent attitude being a turn-off. I'm hoping it has to do more with his frustrations over not being able to land the bigger fights since pole-axing Montiel, and less to do with him feeling himself.

I'm expecting big things these next two Saturday's...
10-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Donaire is such a skilled fighter it's hard for him to look average. It may be some fights ago that he has scored a big win because he hasn't had that oppotunity to step up and shine.

Donaire may have lost a pinch of his power but his opponents have become heavier & haven't been scrubs either. Donaire has consistantly looked good since Montiel IMO.

I haven't seen this Japanese fight but have heard good things. Hope to see a good fight with Donaire getting a big win!
10-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Some tough opponents Donaire has been fighting lately. The last ones he looked ordinary against... well, sustained bad injuries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rios vs Alvarado and the NEW 15 11,425 01-27-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots
  Manny Pacquaio vs Rios or Alvarado in November Fitz 27 19,209 04-30-2013 08:27 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Alvarado vs Rios II torvix2000 9 8,526 04-01-2013 02:02 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)