Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Sergio Martinez
Jermain Taylor
[Show Results]

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor
10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I got a prime Taylor over Martinez easy...Pavlik in 2010 was pushing Martinez back in those middle rounds, and a prime Taylor at 160 imo is a better fighter than Pavlik. Taylor would keep Martinez at bay with that jab and control the pace of that fight. Even if Taylor fades, it's not like Martinez has the power to take him out. Martinez would win a few of those late rounds, but Taylor would dominate the first 8 rounds of that fight.

Sergio has got a very decent, fast jab himself. The early rounds would have been interesting to see whose jab was working best.

As for Martinez not having enough power to take him out? I think Martinez would have plenty of it! Like Pavlik, Taylor doesn't react well to big shots, difference is Pavlik has shown to be able to stay on his feet though.

Like pointed out already, Ouma & Wright (both 154 pound southpaws who can box) were pushing Taylor back!

Taylor was there to be hit & Martinez is a pretty accurate with his shots & has the ability to take a better shot & use his legs much better.

I don't think Taylor's chin or stamina will hold up against the much more skilled Martinez.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 05:39 AM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I've always been shocked by how over rated Taylor is/was just in terms of his skill. I always thought his technique was sloppy as hell and I was amazed that he got 2 decisions over Hopkins. I would take Martinez over him at 160 in their primes by decision or late stoppage.

It's not that people overrate Taylor. It's that Martinez is being overrated.
10-13-2012, 09:07 AM
torvix2000 Wrote:It's not that people overrate Taylor. It's that Martinez is being overrated.
WAY overrated. WAY.
10-13-2012, 07:57 PM
torvix2000 Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I've always been shocked by how over rated Taylor is/was just in terms of his skill. I always thought his technique was sloppy as hell and I was amazed that he got 2 decisions over Hopkins. I would take Martinez over him at 160 in their primes by decision or late stoppage.

Take Martinez completely out of the equation and I think Taylor is over rated.

Looking at his technique it baffles my mind that he was ever even a champion, much less "the man" at one point.
10-13-2012, 08:01 PM
The Taylor of the Hopkins' fights beats the Martinez of the Williams and Pavlik fights....probably stops him.
10-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Taylor couldn't stop Spinks, Ouma, Wright or a stumbling Pavlik. I don't think he would stop Martinez who has taken a much better shot & shown the ability to finish on his feet better.

Martinez by KO!
10-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Martinez has shown the ability to get the KO where as Taylor has shown the ability to get KO'd!

Martinez by KO!
10-13-2012, 08:51 PM
blah blah blah!

Stop thinking so highly of Martinez, Viper...he was a bad dude at his best, but he's done...I know this because I anointed him in the first place!

Martinez has been on the slide since he took out that eastern Euro softie, Dzurukuzuz...
10-13-2012, 10:24 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
torvix2000 Wrote:

Take Martinez completely out of the equation and I think Taylor is over rated.

Looking at his technique it baffles my mind that he was ever even a champion, much less "the man" at one point.
Taylor's technique is hella better than Martinez's garbage ass shit.
10-13-2012, 10:33 PM
SKULLSPLITTER Wrote:The Taylor of the Hopkins' fights beats the Martinez of the Williams and Pavlik fights....probably stops him.
A to the motherfucking Men

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Then & Now: Oscar De La Hoya-Sergio Martinez ViperSniper 4 562 08-23-2020 10:21 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Sergio Martinez comeback for serious TheTeddyBear 19 1,240 03-22-2020 12:17 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Sergio Martinez being Considered for Canelo JD 12 868 01-23-2020 07:31 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)