Poll: How does the rematch go?
This poll is closed.
Wilder by KO/TKO 54.55% 6 54.55%
Wilder by decision 0% 0 0%
Fury by KO/TKO 9.09% 1 9.09%
Fury by decision 36.36% 4 36.36%
Total 11 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II set 02/22/2020!
12-22-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II set Feb 2020!
(12-17-2019 08:31 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  He needs Stoney

Fury & Stoney on the piss would be one fucking wild night!!! drunk Drinks drunk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2019, 08:01 PM
(12-22-2019 09:04 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Fury & Stoney on the piss would be one fucking wild night!!! drunk Drinks drunk

At some point there would be a punch-up then followed by a warm embrace and then some song singing. I am sure of this and in that order.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-23-2019, 01:57 AM
(12-22-2019 08:01 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  At some point there would be a punch-up then followed by a warm embrace and then some song singing. I am sure of this and in that order.

lol

Yeah that seems like a good bet!!
Probably pass out while belting out some pub classic!

12-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Officially set for 22/02/2020 at the MGM Grand! Wilder closes the show this time!
12-29-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II set Feb 22nd 2020!
Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury are going a different route in terms of their fight promotion. They aren't doing the typical old school, long, drawn out pressers and tours. ESPN and FOX both plan on featuring them on different shows, features, showing highlights in ads and trying their best to generate as many buys as possible in a VERY short amount of time as opposed to the usual long term commitment.

I say all that to ask this.... Could we see PPV buys rise with this type of marketing and advertisement? I'm asking in a general sense, obviously Wilder/Fury part 2 will be massive due to everything that happened in the fight and everything that's happened since. But if FOX and ESPN do decide to REALLY invest in fighters and boxing, can this marketing strategy be viable?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2019, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2019 06:31 AM by ViperSniper.)

12-31-2019, 07:43 AM
Fighters absolutely should get marketed like actors and football players. Be on podcasts and talkshows late shows etc..

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
12-31-2019, 04:38 PM
Then after all that, ask the fans to pony up $60 to watch them from the couch.
12-31-2019, 06:09 PM
Boxing has snuck into the limelight and fucked people too many times. Promoters need to treat fighters like fighters and not investments to really see boxing take off again.
01-01-2020, 10:10 AM
(12-29-2019 10:14 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury are going a different route in terms of their fight promotion. They aren't doing the typical old school, long, drawn out pressers and tours. ESPN and FOX both plan on featuring them on different shows, features, showing highlights in ads and trying their best to generate as many buys as possible in a VERY short amount of time as opposed to the usual long term commitment.

I say all that to ask this.... Could we see PPV buys rise with this type of marketing and advertisement? I'm asking in a general sense, obviously Wilder/Fury part 2 will be massive due to everything that happened in the fight and everything that's happened since. But if FOX and ESPN do decide to REALLY invest in fighters and boxing, can this marketing strategy be viable?

Depends on how short a VERY short amount of time really is but feel it could make a difference & work!

These days there is way too much time between fights, wayy too much time to promote a fight, wayy too much time from the moment a fight is signed to the moment the bell rings for that fight. Too much inactivity & not fighting enough.

Today's world runs faster than ever & people's attention span is also shorter than ever. People forget things.

The amount of times I had planned on seeing an event that wasn't till ages away & then as time goes by you realize that very event has passed by. Whether that be with an event, band, movie or at times even fights!

Fans get excited or pumped when a fight is signed..but then somewhere along the long wait that excitement can drop..until moments before the first bell..but still!

Canelo-Kovalev was very different but good that the hype of the signing, build up & fight night remained for the entire promotion as it was to the point!

To do big numbers boxing needs to rely on casual fans & not just sport/fight & boxing fans. They should stop focusing on just the main event! If they focus on putting a good card, they could also start promoting the card & not a single fight!

I'm a very casual UFC fan but many times I've been looking forward to a big fight there is another fight on the undercard I also want to see. I may have never heard or seen these fighters before but the UFC do a great job of promoting and selling the fighters on the undercard too by giving them time, exposure & their own pieces. It gives the audience a reason to connect or more reason to want to tune in & also give the other fighters an opportunity to expand on their fan base & a chance for the UFC to also expand.

For Wilder-Fury II they have a big opportunity to make this fight a big success..IF they do things right here!

They can't just rely on social media here. They should try go back into good old fashion printed advertising! Start making big billboards across buses, bus stops, subways, stations, highways, stadiums, airports, city buildings ect.

If they can start promoting at other sporting events or start trying to do ads during sporting events/award shows or talkshows or around the news time.

One thing they must do is take advantage of the fact they have the first fight as the greatest selling point! They need to start playing that shit on loop leading into the fight, show everybit of highlight they can, when they can & start making it fuckin available on the fuckin net! My god I have STILL not been able to rewatch that fight since! It is so hard to come across!

Hopefully the promotion can do this fight justice!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury - Wilder 3 blackbelt2003 104 4,887 10-18-2021 05:16 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Fury - Wilder III 7/24 Done JD 34 2,643 07-15-2021 02:09 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Comparing Fury-Klitschko/Fury-Wilder II ViperSniper 12 1,082 03-10-2020 12:49 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)