Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence Activates Rematch Clause
09-17-2023, 10:27 AM
RE: Spence Activates Rematch Clause
Crawford mandating the rematch at 47.

In the end he wants Spence to say no because he wants to be the first guy to jump from 47 to 68 and win a title.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2023, 12:01 PM
Good, I hope the rematch doesn't happen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Crawford just being bitter and laying down the law on the rematch after years of being shut out. Or maybe Crawford is just using it as a negotiating point to get more money because I'd think the fight would make sense to him financially in terms of risk/reward. Seems odd for him to be chasing history over money at this point, because the only reason moving from 147 to 168 is significant is because Clanelo is such a huge star. Maybe he'll have a change of heart after watching Charlo get abused on the 30th.

Crawford turns 36 in 2 weeks, so maybe he's looking at a Clanelo fight as his cash out fight on the way out of the sport.
09-17-2023, 07:50 PM
Apparently Crawford has zero interest in the rematch. He feels he beat Spence badly enough that the rematch isn’t that big, and he won’t get credit after destroying him first go around.

Everyone thinks it’s crazy, but he REALLY wants Canelo.
09-18-2023, 07:01 AM
It does sound insane, but maybe Crawford is afraid that if he doesn't jump on Clanelo next, that Benevidez will derail his big payday.
09-18-2023, 11:26 AM
I think he realizes that at 36, while well preserved, maintaining this peak for more than another one or two fights is unlikely.

I think he also realizes that Canelo is starting his decline, and he better lay claim to that shot now. If Canelo loses, he hopes he is aligned for Charlo…if Canelo wins, then he is well setup for a massive fight.
09-18-2023, 03:05 PM
I'm sure Spence knows he can't win at 147. Maybe he can convince Charlo to fight at 154 after the Clanelo fight - or maybe even GGG.

If Crawford really fights Clanelo next, then that's got to be his last fight unless he wins - in which case the rematch with Clanelo will be his last fight. Seems like a righteous warrior way to go out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wilder to Exercise Rematch Clause, Blames Ring Entrance JD 39 1,745 02-29-2020 08:57 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Spence tells Garcia to wait...wants Porter rematch JD 7 616 10-02-2019 06:53 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)