Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury v Usyk
Today, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: Today 04:00 AM by salvador.)
RE: Fury v Usyk
(Today 01:33 AM)Snoop Wrote:  Man, I gotta respectfully disagree there Sal. That fight was nowhere near close. At best, I could see 7-5 for Usyk, but he also had the 10-8 round so that widens the gap. I was shocked when I heard one card read for Fury and that one judge had it a draw had it not been for the KD.

Fury won at least 4 rounds decisively. Fury's punches looked like they were having more effect throughout the fight. I didn't score the fight, but I figured Fury was going to get 5-6 rounds and lose the fight with the knockdown. I didn't think he would get the nod.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 07:30 AM
Not a shock. Fury has a penchit for being knocked around by smaller guys that have decent ability. At least this makes the instant rematch interesting.

Its so simple for such a huge man .... absolutely lay all over the smaller guy for the first 4 rounds, then with Usuk combo the laying on him with a body attack the next four rounds.....by round 9 you can step back and head hunt with that long jab....the KO or stoppage should come late or you win a lopsided decision.
Today, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: Today 12:03 PM by salvador.)
On a side note, I'd never noticed that there was a sword on the Saudi flag. It represents "the principles of justice and authority under Islamic law."

How many reasons do you need to NEVER go that fucking place?
Today, 01:20 PM
(Today 03:49 AM)salvador Wrote:  Fury won at least 4 rounds decisively. Fury's punches looked like they were having more effect throughout the fight. I didn't score the fight, but I figured Fury was going to get 5-6 rounds and lose the fight with the knockdown. I didn't think he would get the nod.

Fury definitely won 4 rounds decisively and rounds 5-7 I thought he might get the KO. There might have been a couple of swing rounds in there too, but I still think it was a clear win for Usyk. It's probably one of those situations where score-wise it was close, but still clear who won.

Putting it like that, the 114-113 scorecard isn't that outrageous, but the card scored for Fury is absolute fucking bollocks.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 01:42 PM
It means cutting off F'N heads! Fuck that whole asshole of the world region.
Today, 09:22 PM
I gave Usyk the first 2 rounds, Fury the next 5, Usyk the next 4 with the knockdown added in and the 12th I could go either way on. Best case I can make for Fury is a loss by a point. By round 7 I honestly thought Tyson would finish him late, he seemed in to take control after a slowish start, using all his attributes and doing exactly what he needed to do.

Round 8 is what changed the fight when Usyk busted up Fury's nose, he wasn't the same afterwards.

I like both guys but given his story how can you not cheer for Usyk?

Oh and fuck John Fury.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury v Usyk lloyd mayflower 0 110 11-17-2023 10:00 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Fury vs Usyk Snoop 33 1,739 03-25-2023 12:50 PM
Last Post: Warlord

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)