Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
07-02-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 11:36 AM by Snoop.)
RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
(07-01-2014 07:08 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Its ok I knew where u were coming from. I just find this fight kind of boring really. Someone said we seen the best Maidana against the worst Floyd. Thats kind of how I see it I suppose. Certains fighters and certains fights, you only get one bite at the cherry. I feel thats the case here for Maidana. I cant go much better for him, and he didnt get the win.

Yeah man I feel you. I wasn't that excited about it at first when it was first announced, but Maidana showed up and surprised us. I think everyone is probably right in saying that there's little that Maidana could do to adjust, but if Mayweather doesn't take the fight, he looks like a coward, so I get why he's taking it. Kinda sucks since he supposedly has only, what, 4 fights left?

I think it plays out more like Floyd-Castillo 2 rather than Jones-Tarver 2. The scenarios and personalities are more like the former than the latter.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Yea, he got the gloves he wanted, Brutal. But he'll get it in his contract next time. Watch Floyd want Winning gloves or some shit.

Floyd didn't do much backing up. He landed some shots but Maidana landed the harder ones. Countering with an arm punch doesn't score like a thudding body shot for me.
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2014, 03:10 PM
If Maidana trains to jab the shit out of Mayweather he will give Mayweather fits, even moreso than the first fight. The majority of Maidana's scoring came from power shots, but when he did use the jab it landed frequently, accurately, and with power. There were several power shot sequences in the fight that started off the jab but IMO Maidana's jab was far less of a factor than it could have been. In my opinion, this is really the only area Maidana can improve upon going into the rematch.

Snoop, good reference of Mayweather/Castillo II in suggesting how this fight could compare to the original - I think that's pretty accurate. I doubt we see a Jones/Tarver II repeat, although that would be in fact awesome.

Bringing up Castillo also reminds me of another point... this fight will be only the second opponent that Mayweather has ever had a rematch with, Castillo obviously being the only one so far.
07-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I just read about Mayweather paying Maidana off in the first fight in order for him not to wear the Everlast puncher's gloves. This would explain why Maidana fought in those black Everlast gloves, and not the red puncher's gloves that the commission had approved.

My respect for Mayweather has dwindled further. This ranks right alongside his catchweight ruse against Marquez and the 2 pound clause against Alvarez.
07-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Wow @ the $1.5 million. Well, we are guaranteed that the gloves each fighter will wear will be in the new contract. In hindsight, Maidana should've told Floyd to fuck off with that $1.5mil and knocked him out. A KO win over Mayweather would net him MUCH more than $1.5million.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
07-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Even without the $1.5M Floyd likely still would have gotten his way with the gloves. All he would have to do is pull some last minute BS like last time and get them changed. Unfortunately Mayweather calls the shots, until we see him staring up at the lights.
07-02-2014, 09:09 PM
(07-02-2014 09:03 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Even without the $1.5M Floyd likely still would have gotten his way with the gloves. All he would have to do is pull some last minute BS like last time and get them changed. Unfortunately Mayweather calls the shots, until we see him staring up at the lights.
The $1.5M WAS for last time. That's what I'm saying. If he wouldn't have agreed to the $1.5M, then he could've cashed in a much bigger check with a KO.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
07-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Oh I didn't realize that was what happened last time; I thought the $1.5M was something being negotiated for their second meeting. Interesting.
07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I mean $1.5 million for a glove change? Shit. That tells you something.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Maidana could've walked and Floyd would've lost everything. So there must've been no way Floyd would step in the ring if Maidana had the gloves he wanted. I think Maidana knew he could get some money out of it and didn't want to end his career. Fucking over GBP and Haymon would be the last thing he does.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,551 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,484 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse) Fitz 41 30,760 07-18-2014 06:49 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)