Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight.
10-31-2012, 04:02 AM
kidbazooka1 Wrote:Tito knocks PAvlik the fuck out.

Pavlik is a poor mans Tito.
Agreed. Tito was way quicker and still packed a fuckin punch at middleweight.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
BigG Wrote:

I disagree. Pavlik was too big. Pavlik has shown the ability to take big punches at and above 160 where Trinidad did not. All of those flash knockdowns that Trinidad showed throughout his career wouldn't be flash at the end of a Pavlik right hand... and Pavlik wouldn't have any trouble landing it.

The way Trinidad looked trying to get up from a Hopkins right hand in the 12th round of their fight is how Trinidad would feel after a few Pavlik right hands that land clean.
11-09-2012, 07:02 AM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
BigG Wrote:

I disagree. Pavlik was too big. Pavlik has shown the ability to take big punches at and above 160 where Trinidad did not. All of those flash knockdowns that Trinidad showed throughout his career wouldn't be flash at the end of a Pavlik right hand... and Pavlik wouldn't have any trouble landing it.

The way Trinidad looked trying to get up from a Hopkins right hand in the 12th round of their fight is how Trinidad would feel after a few Pavlik right hands that land clean.
But Trinidad was beat up by Hopkins round after round. The same guy who put down Calzaghe and Tarver if I remember correctly and these were guys twice the size of Tito. And Hopkins was way closer to his prime when he fought Tito.

Pavlik is slow and lumbering, no way he can land on Tito all night the way a prime Hopkins did.
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
and the NEW Wrote:But Trinidad was beat up by Hopkins round after round. The same guy who put down Calzaghe and Tarver if I remember correctly and these were guys twice the size of Tito. And Hopkins was way closer to his prime when he fought Tito.

Pavlik is slow and lumbering, no way he can land on Tito all night the way a prime Hopkins did.
Judging by your Avatar you aren't going to agree with this one but Pavlik hits like a mule at MW. He would only need one punch.

I don't think he is slow either, one dimensional sure, but don't confuse that with slow. Tito was never that hard to find. At MW Pavlik gobbles him up.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-10-2012, 05:47 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:But Trinidad was beat up by Hopkins round after round. The same guy who put down Calzaghe and Tarver if I remember correctly and these were guys twice the size of Tito. And Hopkins was way closer to his prime when he fought Tito.

Judging by your Avatar you aren't going to agree with this one but Pavlik hits like a mule at MW. He would only need one punch.

I don't think he is slow either, one dimensional sure, but don't confuse that with slow. Tito was never that hard to find. At MW Pavlik gobbles him up.
Na, I try to remain unbias. I don't believe Tito was ever a big middle. He knocked out Joppy, Cherifi and a blown up Mayorga at middle. Not exactly the stuff made of legend. He was a small middle with solid power but no world beater at middle.

But I do believe Tito was a lot harder to find than people give him credit for. The guy had head movement, kept his hands up, lateral movement and could box a bit, stepping back when he needed to, used the jab when he needed to, and tied up when he needed to.

I'm not sure who would win at middle. I don't really have an opinion on it.
11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I liked Trinidad...especially before he met Hopkins....he was one of my Top 5 favorites from that era....

but yeah...he stays on the canvas in this one.
11-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Pavlik being underrated here. He has a far better resume at middle than Tito did. And it is at middleweight we're talking about them fighting, yes?

Pavlik hits FAAAAAR harder than Wright, Hopkins, Joppy, Cherifi and even Mayorga at middleweight (Mayorga lost his power after moving up from welter). I have seen no evidence to suggest Tito would make it out of a round in which Pavlik starts landing. Pavlik is also phenomenally strong for a middleweight and would wear Tito down to the point he starts catching him with big shots in the mid rounds.

It's entirely conceivable that Tito lands his jackpot left hook and takes Pavlik out early (Taylor nearly did it, after all), but that's only a slight chance.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roberto Duran-Felix Tito Trinidad ViperSniper 6 2,916 10-26-2017 05:57 AM
Last Post: Warlord
  Fights Revisited. Felix Trinidad-Fernando Vargas ViperSniper 11 9,602 10-06-2014 04:12 PM
Last Post: Decagon
  Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won? ViperSniper 16 11,100 08-10-2014 11:47 AM
Last Post: BrotherCane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)