10-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Felix Trinidad-Jermaine Taylor @ 160
All this has made me want to see Tito vs Pavlik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Fitz Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:The Joppy KO notwithstanding, Tito was not a terrific middleweight. Taylor outscores him.

Black

blackbelt2003 Wrote:
SKULLSPLITTER Wrote:Agreed about Trinidad and Middle, Black...

My cursor slid up to Taylor by KO like this was a Ouija Board.
For real. After looking good vs Joppy (although, let's be fair, Joppy fought with shit in his brains that night) he was pugilistically raped by Hops and Winky. That's not a good resume at 160.

Black

I disagree black. None of that indicates that Tito isn't a good middle, it just tells me that Hopkins and Wright are superior fighters than him.
In the past, Tito has got off pretty lightly with those losses because of the middleweight thing, but none of that had anything to do with size advantage. He never lost to Hopkins or Wright because he was too small. The fight wasn't even fought in a style where size was going to play a factor. He got exposed by both fighters because they were better than him and he couldn't land a glove on them.
Where the fight took place is irrelevant IMO. Tito was a decent to good middle, it was just a coincidence he happened to come across fighters much better than him at 160.
Possibly, dude.

But the telling thing for me in those fights was how SMALL and INEFFECTIVE Tito looked. Tito has never been a master boxer. He was never going to outbox them both, it was always about Tito running through them. He's always been a big strong guy with dynamite in his fists.

The very things that made him so great at welter and jr middle was lost at middleweight. He looked pudgy and weak.

If Hopkins and Wright were welterweights, they would still have beaten him, but he would have been MUCH more effective and not lost every single round against them. His sheer strength and power would have at least made it a closer fight.

But I get what you're saying. It's like Tommy Hearns. His resume was shit at middleweight, too.

Black
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Lots of people here always point to Taylor being open to a great shot after he punches. But boxing is more complicated than that. It's a matter of what happened before and after Taylor threw a punch and not just after he threw the punch. If it's as simple as lots of people here say so, then Hopkins would have played with him shoving his face backward every now and then. Instead we had two boring fights. Trinidad must be a big middleweight with a very tough chin to pressure and beat Taylor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roberto Duran-Felix Tito Trinidad ViperSniper 6 2,953 10-26-2017 05:57 AM
Last Post: Warlord
  Fights Revisited. Felix Trinidad-Fernando Vargas ViperSniper 11 9,652 10-06-2014 04:12 PM
Last Post: Decagon
  Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won? ViperSniper 16 11,168 08-10-2014 11:47 AM
Last Post: BrotherCane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)